• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Discmania] TL vs FD(Night Strike)

SoSunny

Par Member
Does anyone know the difference between these molds? I felt a couple star tl and did not feel good in the hand. I found a night strike today and felt very nice but had to return it. Felt so good ill have to hopefully get ahold of one someday.

TL doesn't show much turn, but has very little fade. FD has some turn with a little fade. Both are good for shots that need to stay straight.

Top and bottom are both different. TL has Teebird top and straight wing bottom, FD has its own unique pieces for both. The FD has a nearly straight wing, kind of Leopard-esque.
TLs had that round feel on wing the night strike wing felt more like teebird maybe it was because of the flatter dome the tls were more domey but i dont mind that. too bad these big companies cant keep supply.

ya i can see it feeling like leopard but the 6 speed just doesnt feel good to me

Does anyone know the difference between these molds? I felt a couple star tl and did not feel good in the hand. I found a night strike today and felt very nice but had to return it. Felt so good ill have to hopefully get ahold of one someday.

Can't go wrong with an FD, Night Strikes are gonna be hard to come by though. We'd probably be due for another NS run if not for the 'rona. S and C line are both great, C line a hair more st...stab.....more OS than S line (damn Hampstead). Neither are close to flippy off the shelf.

Should be some at retailers now but they can sometimes be scarce.

i wonder how consistant the non night strike fd's are compared may be more dome flux

too bad disc had name on it would have been best find yet got $5 reward but usually dont take them feels good returning especially when someones grateful

If you like the feel of the FD. Stick with it. The Glow Champion plastic the Night Strikes came in is the most overstable of the FD's, and will probably dump more than the TL. i.e. It needs a bit more room during flight to do its thing, and you can shape a little more with it. It's also only available in max weight.

If you like the feel of the FD. Stick with it. The Glow Champion plastic the Night Strikes came in is the most overstable of the FD's, and will probably dump more than the TL. i.e. It needs a bit more room during flight to do its thing, and you can shape a little more with it. It's also only available in max weight.

that color glow plastic is where its at feels great wouldnt mind a little longer break in

I didn't like FDs until I tried and now bag a luster c-line FD. It is very straight not much left not much right when thrown flat. When I play a 2 or 3 disc round it is one of them. You can shape them very well. TLs feel like they need thrown harder to me. I started with a star 175 TL. It behaved too much like a teebird. I got a couple of champ TLs about 173. They are very stable as well and seem to have little to no glide. I find the star to have alot of glide. I since have 2 other TLs a 163 and 168. The 168 is pretty good with slight annie for flex lines. The 163 is pretty balanced a little right then a little left. It is sneaky long on max throw with a little bit of hyzer. It goes flips to flat and goes a long way then dumps left at the end. These experiments have taught me max weight is not always the best thing depending upon what you want to do and how hard you throw.

Latest posts