• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Took a quick video

DiscGolfGuy92

Bogey Member
So I finally got around to filming a few drives. The video didn't turn out great but it's something for you guys to nit pick for me :thmbup:

Just let me know if it's good enough to even point out flaws in the drive. Thanks.

http://youtu.be/EmBthNBBYVM

Doesn't look like you're getting your elbow forward enough. You could slow down your run up without losing any momentum, and it would make everything else easier to get in place. You aren't bracing your front side, but I'm going to let SW tell you about that.

You are throwing your upper body around any kind of balanced posture by leaning away instead of turning the hips/shoulders away in the backswing. Everything is cooked from the backswing and you end up throwing you upper body back forward past a balanced posture strong arming the disc instead of whipping the arm/disc toward the target. Let your arm/shoulder hang down loose/taut and use your body to whip it back and forward. Your current over the top shoulder plane should be for throwing a roller, not an airshot. Throwing some neutral putters/mids should help you.

Latest posts