• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Top 10 rated course list

Sadly, Ive only played Idlewild so far. What happened to Flyboy?

Flyboy went exteinct. They closed to it. They did not remove the basket and still will host people from time to time but not as often as when it was open

3 out of 10 for me. Just played Beaver Ranch last month. Stunningly beautiful with tremendous amentities. Not as difficult as Blue Ribbon or Hornings.

Why there isnt a California course is beyond me

The difference is mostly in how well taken care of the courses are. The best courses in CA have a lot of cools holes and are a blast to play. But they are no where near as well maintained as manicured courses like Idlewild or Tyler. To many reviewers (not me) this is sort of maintenance is important.

The difference is mostly in how well taken care of the courses are. The best courses in CA have a lot of cools holes and are a blast to play. But they are no where near as well maintained as manicured courses like Idlewild or Tyler. To many reviewers (not me) this is sort of maintenance is important.
I agree. If you want list of the top courses where maintenance is less of a factor, check out "% favorited" thread. Cali is well-represented.