• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Top 5/10 All Time Greats List

Didn't realize it had to be the "right" major to be given recognition, sorry... :rolleyes:

The problem with counting Am Worlds as a major is that the best players in the world are ineligible to compete. If you want to be the best, you have to compete against the best.

Going to have to bump a couple of these off for Juliana Korver and Val Jenkins.

Edit: I mean bump them off the list, not murder them

The problem is that Korver and Jenkins only won in a protected division. Take Korver for example. She was at her peak in 2000 and 2001, winning 61 of the 65 tournaments she entered under FPO. But those same years when she entered USDGC under MPO she got 37th and 50th place. She didn't enter in '02, but did in '03 and '04 and placed 146th and 141st. Those are not the results you would expect of a Top 10 All-time disc golfer when they're at their peak. Obviously she was dominant in the FPO division, but if you're talking a Top 10 All-time list without any qualifiers then it should simply be the 10 best. That's the same reason why Paul Ulibari's Am World title should be taken with a grain of salt. Yes, it was a great win, but in a division where the other great players in the world were not eligible to compete.

Im thinking about the whole body of work over time. The analogy is Dan Marino...never won a superbowl but still played the position at the highest of levels for a long time.

Yeah I get that, but if you want to use that justification, there are others who've been doing it much longer than Ulibarri, and at an even higher level without a title. For example Anthon, Rico, McCray, Leiviska, Brinster (although Brinster does have a USDGC)....

Last edited:
1. Climo
2. McBeth
3. Doss
4. Schultz
5. Wysocki
6. Greenwell
7. Feldberg
8. Duvall
9. Hammock
10. Locastro
53ish. Ulibarri

The problem with counting Am Worlds as a major is that the best players in the world are ineligible to compete. If you want to be the best, you have to compete against the best.

Except they were all Ams at one point. How many of these superstars won their Worlds as ams?

Am Worlds is a tough one. Boxers get cred for their Olympic medals on their overall resume. But no baseball player is getting into the HoF for their college or AAA accomplishments.

The sheer number of sandbagers in disc golf makes our Amateur division pretty darn tough. I say they get partial credit.

The problem is that Korver and Jenkins only won in a protected division. Take Korver for example. She was at her peak in 2000 and 2001, winning 61 of the 65 tournaments she entered under FPO. But those same years when she entered USDGC under MPO she got 37th and 50th place. She didn't enter in '02, but did in '03 and '04 and placed 146th and 141st. Those are not the results you would expect of a Top 10 All-time disc golfer when they're at their peak. Obviously she was dominant in the FPO division, but if you're talking a Top 10 All-time list without any qualifiers then it should simply be the 10 best. That's the same reason why Paul Ulibari's Am World title should be taken with a grain of salt. Yes, it was a great win, but in a division where the other great players in the world were not eligible to compete.

I'm not usually this guy, but I'm having a hard time agreeing with your logic here. That's like saying Mia Hamm wasn't one of the US's best soccer players, or Florence Griffith-Joyner wasn't one of our best track athletes, just because they competed against women.

Yea, major oversight on my part.

I need to work in Doss, Shoestrings and someone else i remembered and forgot again.

Will isn't in my top ten. Maybe not even top 20. No offense to him, but he hasn't done much at all lately. He's like Grant Hill. SO much potential, but injuries ended it early.