• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Top 5 Favorite Brands

Interesting no one considers the PDGA a brand or does it just not make the top 5 for anyone?

I've played a grand total of 2 PDGA sanctioned events since 2011. Yes, there are a lot of things that they do. They just don't seem to "directly" affect me very much. They came up when I was thinking about my answer, but probably wouldn't make my top ten.

1. Westside
2. Innova
3. Latitude 64°
4. Discraft
5. Discmania

One of these may soon be displaced by my #1 up and comer: Kastapalast.

Interesting no one considers the PDGA a brand or does it just not make the top 5 for anyone?

I guess I must not consider it a brand really, but as you say that it seems silly not to.

The way the question was worded seemed more in line with who you'd like to be sponsored by, and as far as I know the governing body sponsoring a player has never happened/would be a conflict of interest.

There is no denying the role of the PDGA in modern disc golf and what they do for the sport though.

I guess I must not consider it a brand really, but as you say that it seems silly not to.

The way the question was worded seemed more in line with who you'd like to be sponsored by, and as far as I know the governing body sponsoring a player has never happened/would be a conflict of interest.

There is no denying the role of the PDGA in modern disc golf and what they do for the sport though.
It's a bit like overlooking Google when you ask people their 5 favorite app brands.

It's a bit like overlooking Google when you ask people their 5 favorite app brands.

Agreed. Maybe we just have it "running in the background" as it were, instead of being top of mind.

Discraft
Innova
New Balance (I miss my nice all-terrain trainers)
Columbia (nice hiking pants)
Powerade (only cuz it's always cheaper than alternatives)

and since it's approaching that time of year again:
Showers, tweezers/tick removers, Bug Sprays, and Air Conditioning (in no particular order)

I had considered the PDGA, but since the OP mentioned what "company" you are loyal to, that eliminated the Association.
The PDGA's contribution to the game has been excellent.

Last edited:
1. Infinite Discs: Gotta get my discs from somewhere
2. Kastaplast: Gotta show some love for my favorite putter and plastic
3. Innova: Got me started in the sport and they produce my favorite drivers.........so far
4. Xeroshoes: Never needed to look for anything better once I had these on my feet
5. Kuhl: Best pants and shorts I have ever worn

Honorable Mentions

DGCR: Not a company, but I would probably still be throwing discs that I have no business throwing without you.
PDGA: Not a company, but a governing body for a sport that brings people joy still needs a little love.
Grip6: Only the best support for my favorite pants

I like alot of brands, but not loyal to any. I'm the same guy that will drink Coke OR Pepsi.

i know keeping score on your phone is all the rage, but I'd like to be sponsored by Putt-Putt mini pencils because I lose pencils all the time and need a hook-up.

Latest posts