• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Top Courses of 2012!

timg

* Ace Member *
Gold level trusted reviewer
Premium Member
Happy new year everyone!

The tradition continues and I've put together the top courses list for 2012. I've kept the structure of the 2011 list with an overall top 50 and a top 50 based only on reviews in 2012.

Enjoy!

http://www.dgcoursereview.com/topcourses

congrats to Colorado for overrating a bunch of their courses...

:D

Rosie Up Top in KCK is number 50 for the year? Seriously? That isn't even the best course in that park.

This just reminds me how few 55 courses played really is. Man do I have a lot to look forward to! :clap:

Thanks for all of the continued work and improvements on the site Timg and mods. Here's to a great 2013!

I've played:
4 of the overall top 50
1 of the 2012 top 50

3 of the top 10, 6 of the top 50.

I wouldn't have thought well established courses with so many reviews (e.g. Flip, Idlewild) to have gotten enough 2012 reviews to keep them so hign on that list, and kinda expected Selah Ranch to have done better in the 2012 list.

congrats to Colorado for overrating a bunch of their courses...

Have you played them, or are your North Carolinan feelings just hurt? If you've played them, then your opinions can be considered valid. If you haven't, big deal, like they're the only overrated courses...

By it's very nature, this entire rating system is highly subjective - deal with it. :|

Last edited by a moderator:
haha feelings hurt? No. It's an inside joke. calm yourself.

I would have to admit that the annual list is more a compilation of who's been submitting reviews during the past year and where they live, and not so much the quality of the courses on it.

I mean Legacy Park in Lee's Summit, MO isn't even one of the better courses in the KC area but it made #44 on the 2012 list with an average review of 3.65 because 10 reviews got submitted. Not all that impressive.

28/50 on the top list and 21/50 on the 2012 only. Thanks for the lists Tim!

Interesting to see all the $ symbols next to soooo many of the courses.

At least those courses are all worth the money.

I was checking out how many of the top 10 and top 50 are private courses.
Aren't the all of Highbridge courses and Blue Ribbon Pines private? :confused:
Why no symbol for them?

Attachments

• Private.jpg
    Private.jpg
    874 bytes · Views: 215
Yup, both are private. People are a little inconsistent about that one and the no dogs checkbox.

Yup, both are private. People are a little inconsistent about that one and the no dogs checkbox.

Thought so - fixed.

States with bragging rights:
Wisconsin: 3 in top 10, 6 in top 50
Pennsylvania: 1 in top 10, 6 in top 50
Texas: 2 in top 10, 5 in top 50

Whatever else may or may not be happening in Highbridge, WI, you gotta give them props for DG: 7 courses on site, 3 of them top 10 rated - I gotta make a trip there this summer. :D From what I can see, Wisconsin may also have few more that'd fall somewhere in the top 51-100.

I really reccomend everyone puts Phantom Falls on their bucket list. For those big arm only types it will beat you up Evita for those with really good control (I.e. not me) its perfect. It makes the top ten for the experience. Great views, the course all to yourself, high level of challenge, great atmosphere and an awesome pro shop.

Now I just need to go visit my uncle in Wisconsin and see what Highbridge has to offer me...ten bucks says I get my buttocls handed to me

And love every minute of it.

Latest posts