• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Top Courses of 2012!

Top 50:
10. Deer Lakes Park [Average Course Rating: 4.68]
12. Tyler State Park [Average Course Rating: 4.66]
15. Hawk Hollow [Average Course Rating: 4.62]
17. Moraine State Park [Average Course Rating: 4.59]
24. Whippin' Post [Average Course Rating: 4.53]
35. The Woodshed [Average Course Rating: 4.45]
36. Jordan Creek [Average Course Rating: 4.43]
50. Harry Myers DGC [Average Course Rating: 4.36]

Best reviews of 2012:
3. Tyler State Park [Average Course Rating: 4.73]
13. Nockamixon State Park [Average Course Rating: 4.40]

23. Iron Hill [Average Course Rating: 4.20]
31. Crossroads of Life DGC [Average Course Rating: 3.95]

Bold played this year.

The Top 50 for 2012 I've played...
Flip City, MI
Idlewild, KY
Granite Ridge, WI
Phantom Falls, CO-played 2012
Blueberry Hill, WI
Tyler SP, PA
Winter Park, WI
Water Works Park, MO-played 2012
Lincoln Ridge, KY
Circle C, TX-played 2012
Jordan Creek, PA
West Lake park, IA-played 2012
Leviathan, MI
Hickory Hills, MI

I need to get out more....

Last edited:
The trees he plays in and around dwarf our trees. Except for the ones at BOP.

Hey meow. There are a few HUGE trees at BOP. If you look at some of Chris' pics on the course page you can see some of the few massive old growth fir that are still upright. Wish that place would never have been logged all those years ago....And what about the century oak on the first hole we played. That thing counts as a huge tree I think...haha.
OK honor defended...moving on.

Man, that is so cool to climb up into the stump at the Curtain. It was so much fun. All the Cali courses I played were fun. Disc golf is fun. I like fun. It's fun. Fun. F.

^^^^ All of this! Awesome Stan. Thx for the fieldbrook basket BTW. Looks good out there. Much appreciated for sure.

My played of the current top 50:

19. Milo
25. Whistlers
44. DeLa
45. Stafford

The Top 50 for 2012 I've played...
Flip City, MI
Idlewild, KY
Granite Ridge, WI
Phantom Falls, CO-played 2012
Blueberry Hill, WI
Tyler SP, PA
Winter Park, WI
Water Works Park, MO-played 2012
Lincoln Ridge, KY
Circle C, TX-played 2012
Jordan Creek, PA
West Lake park, IA-played 2012
Leviathan, MI
Hickory Hills, MI

I need to get out more....

Ya like to TN PUNK!

Hey meow. There are a few HUGE trees at BOP. If you look at some of Chris' pics on the course page you can see some of the few massive old growth fir that are still upright. Wish that place would never have been logged all those years ago....And what about the century oak on the first hole we played. That thing counts as a huge tree I think...haha.
OK honor defended...moving on.

^^^^ All of this! Awesome Stan. Thx for the fieldbrook basket BTW. Looks good out there. Much appreciated for sure.

My played of the current top 50:

19. Milo
25. Whistlers
44. DeLa
45. Stafford

I was thinking in terms of Redwoods, but you are correct, that Oak definately forces a choice. I also seem to remember the largest Madrone tree I have ever seen. I thought they were just large shrubs but as large trees they are awesome. Specific memories don't last long and I tend to remember the incredible 360 degree panoramic views that the course offers, along with the terrain.

Yeah. That is part of the allure of the place. You feel like you are lost in paradise and you can see nothing but wilderness for miles. Blessed to be there.
Stoked I will have a bunch of help out there this summer. Things are looking up. We also have plans to revive the course in Garberville which is currently abandoned and down trodden.

Yeah. That is part of the allure of the place. You feel like you are lost in paradise and you can see nothing but wilderness for miles. Blessed to be there.
Stoked I will have a bunch of help out there this summer. Things are looking up. We also have plans to revive the course in Garberville which is currently abandoned and down trodden.

I love that the last time we were out there, your dad seemed prety cool with the idea of adding more holes. I can't wait to see what you are able to do. Did the guy from down the road start building benches for out there like he was talking about? I know that was one of the things that Stan McDaniel had commented on you needing out there.

I'll be very happy if the course in Garberville gets an update. Hopefully we can get it some more regular mowing, at least along the fairways. I wonder if Dano knows anyone in the area with a big mower that would be willing to help us out with this? Hopefully I'll have some time to help with some of the work parties that place will take.

Martin has 10 of the top 10. Here's how the DGCR Rank compares to Martin's Rank.

DGCRRank, MartinRank, Course
1,4,Selah Lakeside
2,13,Selah Creekside
3,68,Flip City
4,41,Idlewild
5,24,Blue Ribbon Pines
6,11,Highbridge Granite
7,15,Highbridge Gold
8,50,Phantom Falls
9,22,Highbridge Blueberry
10,76,Deer Lakes

Latest posts