• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Top Disc Golf Teams

Dr_Johnson

In your opinion, who are the top players for all of the major "teams" (Innova, Prodigy, etc) and what team would win a doubles tournament? Just curious what people think.

If you're going dubs, tough to beat McBeth/Sexton on Innova. Wysocki/Colglazier/healthy Feldberg is close, as is McMahon/healthy Lizotte for Discmania. Uli/Jerm probably tops from Prodigy right now.

If we bring depth into the equation, Innova only gets stronger with Williams, Nybo, Philo, etc. I'd love to see a sponsor-based bragging rights tournament.

If you're going dubs, tough to beat McBeth/Sexton on Innova. Wysocki/Colglazier/healthy Feldberg is close, as is McMahon/healthy Lizotte for Discmania. Uli/Jerm probably tops from Prodigy right now.

If we bring depth into the equation, Innova only gets stronger with Williams, Nybo, Philo, etc. I'd love to see a sponsor-based bragging rights tournament.
I agree & I'll add Eric McCabe/Drew Gibson for DD. I'm not so up on Discraft pros...Doss/MJ? I don't know how "popular" he is but Justin Lammers is sponsored by Discraft & he got 16th at worlds. Adding to the depth of Innova...Cam Todd? The Latitude 64 team is solid/really deep as well with Devan Owens & Matt Orum.

\

JohnE McCray/Ricky Wysocki could hold their own.

I agree & I'll add Eric McCabe/Drew Gibson for DD. I'm not so up on Discraft pros...Doss/MJ? I don't know how "popular" he is but Justin Lammers is sponsored by Discraft & he got 16th at worlds. Adding to the depth of Innova...Cam Todd? The Latitude 64 team is solid/really deep as well with Devan Owens & Matt Orum.

The Lat team is deeper than I realized, for sure. But if we only needed two, I think any team could hold its own, especially Discraft there with MJ and Doss.

The most interesting observation I am taking from this is that, despite all the hype of a few years ago, Prodigy may now sport the least depth of any team. I know they have a lot of young players and some good European talent, but still...

The most interesting observation I am taking from this is that, despite all the hype of a few years ago, Prodigy may now sport the least depth of any team. I know they have a lot of young players and some good European talent, but still...

not true if women have to be represented! Paige (probably contractually forced to join!) and Catrina is a powerhouse.

Why not a mixed doubles contest? That might be interesting. Pair the highest rated man and woman from each company's team...

McBeth & Jenkins-Doss
Ulibarri & Allen
Rico & Hokom
McCabe & Bjerkaas
Doss & King

I really like this idea, it would be an awesome round to watch! Too bad something like this would never happen, but it sure is fun to think about!

^^ Not sure why it would never happen. I'd say if there was a enough hype, it could absolutely take place. Even if it was a 1 off non sanctioned thing, like CCDG and Smashboxxx have hosted in the past. Pick an event that all these guys will already be at : GBO, Ledgestone, Worlds etc. Get Ian or Terry on board, scrape together 1k in sponsorship money for the purse, and voila.

McBeth/Sexton
Wysocki/Colglazier
Simon/Eagle
Big Jerm/Will
Gibson/McCabe

That is how I think they would stack up. If Innova had a B team I think it would be Philo/Barry, and I'd slot them between Discmania and Prodigy. If there was a wildcard team, i.e smaller manufacturer/non-sponsored, I'd really like Nikko and Rico. Would slot them as 2nd or 3rd. You are much less vulnerable to blow ups in dubs, and the weakest part of Nikko's game is Rico's strong suit, putting.

Last edited:
Jerm and Pierce always seem to tear up mixed dubs events. But for a men's only event? I think McBeth/Sexton, Lizotte/McMahon, Wysocki/Colglazier, Doss/MJ would be an EPIC round to watch with four companies repped!

Jerm and Pierce always seem to tear up mixed dubs events. But for a men's only event? I think McBeth/Sexton, Lizotte/McMahon, Wysocki/Colglazier, Doss/MJ would be an EPIC round to watch with four companies repped!

I think Ricky/Devan would be a better pairing, just in terms of shot coverage.

Why limit it to doubles and not have a team/manufacturer championships? Could mimic a formula like the Presidents cup of stroke play and match play. No individual winners, only a team champion.

3 MPO, 2 FPO, 2 Masters (one man, one women).

I feel like each manufacturer could stage a team like this.

Last edited:

Latest posts