• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Top Pros Registering for NTs

Maybe not, but McBeast is a 3x world champ and I'd probably just take his word for it on this one. I think the point he's making is that Vegas suffers by not having as many big names to draw crowds, sponsors for next year, vendors, etc. Legit point.

Why doesn't Vegas chose the put the Pro weekend before the Am weekend? Instead of the current format. Just a thought.

So......?

1 Round each at Vista, Fiesta Lakes, and Fountain Hills? What about the last round?

What about pools? I'm sharing a car with a guy in MPM, are we gonna be in different pools now?

I just took a peek at the size of the fields they are allowing in each division and here is my best speculation for what they will do with pools. I could be completely wrong, but:

A pool is MPO and FPO
B pool is MA1 and FA1
C pool is everyone else.

Of course letter could be changed but this seems to make the most sense.

Why doesn't Vegas chose the put the Pro weekend before the Am weekend? Instead of the current format. Just a thought.

The area schedule has been following the same format for many, many years. If Vegas switched weekends, Wintertime Open would also have to switch as well.

Wintertime Open Ams Feb 7 & 8
Wintertimo Open Pros Feb 14 & 15
Las Vegas Ams Feb 14 & 15
Las Vegas Pros Feb 21 & 22
Memorial Am/Pros Feb 25 - 28

Do vista and fountain ever change layout? Aren't they the same courses these pros play every year for this event? The only variable being weather conditions, which you really can't practice for anyway. Seems to me that it's one new course to learn, and two to refresh your memory on. Doesn't seem an overly difficult task to accomplish in two days to me.

And that is one of the differences between you/me and a 3x world champion. He hasn't played there for a year, he's got new discs in his bag, he wants to give himself every chance of success.

He's not going to rock up saturday morning with a hangover and a redbull for a pick me up 5 minutes before first tee off. Preparation makes great players. If a tournament wants to see players at their best give them a chance to prepare.

And that is one of the differences between you/me and a 3x world champion. He hasn't played there for a year, he's got new discs in his bag, he wants to give himself every chance of success.

He's not going to rock up saturday morning with a hangover and a redbull for a pick me up 5 minutes before first tee off. Preparation makes great players. If a tournament wants to see players at their best give them a chance to prepare.

The separation is in the preparation.

Latest posts