• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Toronto Ontario courses

kingjames1014

* Ace Member *
I MAY be headed to our facility in Toronto,Ontario(Mississauga) this sunday for 2 weeks to help them out.
I have 2 questions:

1. what are some good courses in the area that are free to play? what courses do you recommend?

2. Has anyone flown with their discs? Do you carry them on? Are there restrictions for flying out of the country? should I just leave my discs at home if it's too much of a hassle?

thanks for your imput!
James

Flying with discs is no issue, domestic or to Canada, I've flown from Chicago to Toronto a few times and the worst that happened is that they took out the discs and ran them through separately when they looked funny on the x-ray machine.

Bronte Creek is nice and not too far from Mississauga, dual tees and there is some difference in skill level between them. If you are headed downtown, the course on Toronto Island is fun and the ferry ride gives a great view back at the city.

EDIT: I just noticed the part about free to play, White Spruce in Brampton is a solid course that doesn't have an entry fee.

One trip we brought a small innova bag as a carry-on, another we shoved a few discs in each of our roll aboard suitcases. Either way you're good as long as you don't have lighters/knives/bug spray/other TSA prohibited stuff in forgotten corners of your bag.

I"m going to agree with mashy on this one. White Spruce was a great course and close to Toronto!

Toronto Island has a fantastic course, a number of pros played it for the Maple Leaf Open. Another +1 for White Spruce as well.

you should PM PaullyJ and/or Steinman and/or PTBOTosser and/or Clarkey

they are all from Ontario and could give you the low down

if you can make it into Toronto you SHOULD play Toronto Island DGC
http://www.dgcoursereview.com/course.php?id=30

it is really good...turn right off the ferry

the course is free but the ferry ride is not

I could get some cool pictures too i suppose.
i really don't know how much time i'll end up having. hopefully, i'll have the weekends free.
I'll find out tomorrow if i'm going and get an itenerary on where i'm staying and such.
i wonder if someone up there would want to meet up and play.

Looks like it's a go for the Toronto Trip. Flying in to Buffalo Sunday afternoon, renting a car, then driving to Mississauga.
Don't know where i'm staying yet. I'll be working 8-5,maybe OT. but might have weekends free (?)
Planning on taking my starter bag with 8-10 discs in my luggage. packing clothes for 2 weeks of cold weather may take a lot of space.

Looks like it's a go for the Toronto Trip. Flying in to Buffalo Sunday afternoon, renting a car, then driving to Mississauga.
Don't know where i'm staying yet. I'll be working 8-5,maybe OT. but might have weekends free (?)
Planning on taking my starter bag with 8-10 discs in my luggage. packing clothes for 2 weeks of cold weather may take a lot of space.

Not sure what you are doing work wise, but Toronto will not be any colder than Indiana. Don't think you have to bring anything too extreme for the weather.

Whatever you do, do not miss the chance to play Toronto Island!!! I haven't been there since 98, but I am sure it is still as magical as ever. Lots of beautiful distractions around as well!!

The ferry ride to the course is about as cool as it gets. I imagine Paul Belyea is still up there??

Toronto Island is the must play course in the area.

Bronte Creek in Burlington/Oakville is also very good.

T.I. is a beautiful park course while Bronte is much more rugged.

looks like i might squeeze my starter bag in with my carry on.
planning on taking these discs:
Dx destroyer
Avenger ss
teebird
leo
vector
Axis
soft ion
soft anode

that should do me well.

Planning to play toronto island and white spruce on a weekend. Can't wait. hopefully not too tired after work.

did a google search from the hotel i'm staying at:
Centennial Park-13min
White Spruce Park-14min
Toronto Park-28min
Cedarvale Park-26min
E.T. Seton Park-34min

Maybe i can squeeze in a round after work a few days next week as well as on the weekend.

Centennial has a 9 hole loop that's in decent shape with tees and signs, and the remnants of another loop that had some cool shots but is in terrible shape. If you play, I'd stick to the 9 down in the area by the ponds.

The island is the best course to play in Toronto
The only one worth playing not listed here is Christie Lake but it may be a little further than you want to drive. Both White spruce and Bronte are great courses to play.

Keep in mind that with the island you would have allot time to catch the ferry and the first tee is a 10 minute walk from the docks