• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Tournament brackets

Rastaman

Birdie Member
I am playing in my first tournament on sat and I dont know what bracket to play. Only one I know im not playing is pro lol. Ive been playing for only 2 months but can promise you after 2 months I am pretty decent. I want to be competitive and not get blown out but as well not blow out anyone in the lower brackets. I have only missed 2 days of dg since may 6th and I play anywhere from 27 to 63 holes a day.

Hey snappy I love your location where your from. I may steal that brudda!!

I am playing in my first tournament on sat and I dont know what bracket to play. Only one I know im not playing is pro lol. Ive been playing for only 2 months but can promise you after 2 months I am pretty decent. I want to be competitive and not get blown out but as well not blow out anyone in the lower brackets. I have only missed 2 days of dg since may 6th and I play anywhere from 27 to 63 holes a day.

My body would have shut down long ago

Have you played this course before?
Do you know others playing this event? If so how do you compare to them skill wise and what division are they playing in?
Ever played a weekly or local mini?
If you feel you're "pretty decent" play Intermediate. Personally I would suggest playing Rec and see how you do. There is only a $5 difference in price between the two divisions.
Play Rec and get a feel for the whole "tourney" thing.

Have you played this course before?
Do you know others playing this event? If so how do you compare to them skill wise and what division are they playing in?
Ever played a weekly or local mini?
If you feel you're "pretty decent" play Intermediate. Personally I would suggest playing Rec and see how you do. There is only a $5 difference in price between the two divisions.
Play Rec and get a feel for the whole "tourney" thing.

Yes I have played the north course and shot a +3 but that was within my first few rounds ever. I play honestly and with intensity and I dont want the people in the bracket thinking at I hustled em. I will do the rec since it will be my first that way I can see how it all works. I have a buddy who has been playing 3 yrs and I beat him which I love cause he gets so pissed cause im a newb and beter or equal his skill, anyway he says I shouldnt be in the rec...

Haha I am so addicted. My gf has threaten to leave me, I told her if she cant find me when she makes that decision its cause im on the course haha
If thats the case move on!!!!:p My girlfriend learned quick join me or at least don't complain when i am playing. let her know that disc golf makes you a better person. Going to the course is your work out and helps you to keep your head straight. worked for me!!

I want a disc golfin gf lol anyone wanna trade. I can set up a post in the marketplace for her!

If thats the case move on!!!!:p My girlfriend learned quick join me or at least don't complain when i am playing. let her know that disc golf makes you a better person. Going to the course is your work out and helps you to keep your head straight. worked for me!!

Now thats a good approach!!

Rastaman if you have played both these courses at +3 you shouldn't be playing rec. The advanced Bluebird champ shot 57 on North and 58 on South. The south course has been lengthened and OB has been added since last fall. You could at least play Int. I will be there this weekend hope to see you there.

Whats the difference between rec, novice and intermed

Payout will vary. But, that probably has more to do with how many people play in each division - many TD's seem to keep most of the money in the division?

The "points factor" is different for each division. But, what does this matter? Does it only determine who gets invitations to world's, that sort of thing?

I assume you know, but just in case: in order from weakest to strongest the first three men's amateur divisions are novice, rec, and intermediate. Players with a sufficiently high rating are prohibited from playing in them (850+ can't play novice, 900+ can't play rec, etc.).

By the way if anyone needs more information on this tournament don't hesitate to PM. I will be helping with registration this weekend.

Honestly. Play AM3. If you win, then play AM2 next. Playing in a tourney makes it a lot harder then you would think. You have to wait for people. Each round takes about an hour longer then a normal 4 some would take.

Latest posts