• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Tournament Trophy Suggestions

Something useful like the minibasket or bead counters are cool. Wooden discs are beautiful if a bit gaudy, but its Texas.

How about custom embroidered patches? Run about $250 per 100/7 color. Cheaper options available. Bring 'em the design, provide placement/category titles for a small # of separate addendum patches. Can be sewn on your disc bags. Let the bragging begin.

I had some nice stainless steel MSR water bottles engraved recently. Did some mulittools in the past. If you go to the local engravers they have some seriously good ideas that other people are doing. Could have some nice shirts enbriodered. I have a friend that won an awesome custom made full sized basket. Would love to see discs going to local school kids somehow. What about an expense piad trip to your states championship or some other near by big tournament Help your best players get to the next level. Let someone design a new hole on your course. There are numerous custom pack makers that could make a disc bag completely to someone's specifications. Just few quick ideas could come up with more if I had the time.

My buddy had one of those wooden discs when I visited him today... it was really nice. It was an Orc mold if I remember correctly. The only thing I didn't like about it was that over the years (it was won in 2003) it has split apart at the seams a bit.

I think the best suggestion so far is a mini-basket. A gold one would be super-nice!

I can get you vanity license plates with you club or tourney logo with what ever verbage you want. Cost we be about $15 a piece. I'm thinking about doing that for an event this year.

In our local leagues they order metal minis in gold silver and bronze. Laser engrave the tournament logo on them and give those. There VERY popular here everyone goes crazy trying to win them. Over the years its always cool to see someone mark his lie with a gold mini he won from whatever tournament because it shows on "that" day HE was the best! I have two so far and hope to get more this year.

In our local leagues they order metal minis in gold silver and bronze. Laser engrave the tournament logo on them and give those. There VERY popular here everyone goes crazy trying to win them. Over the years its always cool to see someone mark his lie with a gold mini he won from whatever tournament because it shows on "that" day HE was the best! I have two so far and hope to get more this year.

For another league am helping fund, I'm planning on doing vouchers based on points, and trophies based on best score. Gold metal trophy minis would be awesome additions for points champ and best score champ.

Here are two trophies that I have gotten in the past. The are both edge broken/roughed glass. The second is an etched mirror. I added the chain and mini to the first one since it was my first trophy and I thought it added some character. The second one is from the year long series and has the series logo etched in it.

Attachments

• Conocido Trophy.jpg
    Conocido Trophy.jpg
    128.3 KB · Views: 22
  • Cactus Trophy.jpg
    Cactus Trophy.jpg
    147.4 KB · Views: 19
I know they get there metal minis at dgvalues for like $13. And some local place engraves them for $10?

Disc Diva sells custom laser engraved metal minis at similar prices. Also custom champ plastic minis and wooden minis. Disc Diva did the tags also for my trophy birdie bead tags. Custom engraved key chains, picture frames, bag tags, and all kinds of stuff. Check it out.

http://www.disc-diva.com/

Also, I learned recently that the Disc Diva is 5x Women's Pro Masters World Champion Kathy Hardiman. She's super nice and the service is awesome.

232323232fp-;--nu=323;-534-648-WSNRCG=3496;65;92339nu0mrj.jpeg

This was given to all of the last place finishers at an event near me a few years back. Of course it was a joke but it was a funny way to award the DFL folks.

Latest posts