• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Towel for sweat

No idea what the best towel is for drying off but on the other end of the spectrum, what is the best towel that will stay wet for the whole round to keep your hands from getting all dried out and dusty? Synthetic chamois?

One of those cooling neck tie things that have something like Orbeez in them to slowly release water?

For me, in summer that wouldn't remove sweat, it would add it. I played a round the other day where there wasn't even a dry spot anywhere on my shorts by the end of the round.

I should have said if you can easily take your clothes off after the round, please don't respond to this thread.

Must have a beach towel in your car that you put between you and the car seat so you don't ruin the resell value.

Must have a change of clothes if you are going out in public after your round.

Must weigh at least one pound less than when you started the round.

Must have laid down on a shaded piece of concrete to cool down.

Must have a plan for what you do WHEN you get heat stroke.

I mostly use white terry cloth cleaning towels, the kind you can buy in packs of 20 or more. The terry cloth is nice and absorbent, they are light weight and the right size. Not too big and not too small. They are inexpensive, so if you lose one it's not a big deal (aside from not wanting to litter on the course). You have a bunch, so if you are playing every day, can just hang them up after the round and then throw them all in with the regular laundry.

Also, I've found that in the summer a sweat wicking beanie or "do rag" is far superior to any hat at mitigating head sweat. I'll bring a second one for the turn on the really hot and muggy days.

100% this.

I sweat a lot. I carry several dish towel sized terry cloth towels to get through my round.

As far as head band is concerned, I sometimes wear a cycling headband that has a plastic strip and routes sweat away from your eyes.

I carry a towel in the vehicle for the seat after my round and a clean/dry t shirt to change in to.

On the course I grab a handful of mulch when available to get better grip. Just bought a rosin bag and trying that out soon.

Sucks, but even when I was young, not over weight, and athletic I would sweat a lot. You have to have a plan to deal with it.

I should have said if you can easily take your clothes off after the round, please don't respond to this thread.

Must have a beach towel in your car that you put between you and the car seat so you don't ruin the resell value.

I play in Arizona and recently had to quit a practice round because heat exhaustion was beginning. By hole 11, I had gone through about 60 ounces of water and had just enough left to get back to the parking lot. My clothes were soaked. It was a very hot and humid day. Normally, I use a Whale Sac to keep my hands dry and only need to drink about 40 ounces of water....but not this time....I couldn't keep my hand dry enough and had several bad throws due to sweat. I ended up okay, but I was glad I knew my body and the symptoms of heat exhaustion. It also helps that, living in Arizona, I learned to always have enough water to make it back to the car.

You are reminding me why I moved from Nebraska to Utah. I hate humidity.