• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Towne Lake DGC- Mckinney, TX

I will be back sometime this summer.

I was a little hesitant about writing a review on the new course, but did it anyways. Hopefully all this chatter turns out to be a good thing and keep people interested in checking out Towne Lake.

Keep on thowin'

bias

Towne Lake sucks. What's up with all the sticks on the ground? :p

The footbridge will be going in soon. Jeff ordered the steel and placed the order for everything else. We may begin construction this weekend.

Last Sunday mini--- L-train wanted his card so I have 24 players-- Hole#2 red tee(as a par 3 it was +25,as a par 4 it was +1)Hole #15 red tee(as a par 3 it was +27,as a par 4 it was +4)Hole16 red tee(as a par 3 it was +24 as a par 4 it was +5)Just a little FYI. On another note please pray for Nolan Grider and his family.He called me this morning and told me his dad is going to have his foot removed tomorrow,James has been in the hospital for a couple of weeks with alot of health problems.Thanks

it took me a minute but I think he added up everyones score. so on hole 2 you could say 23 people took a 4 and one took a 5. it is like an average... kinda

Great review Rusty. It will really give people a feel for what the course is. As for your other thoughts, Ron gave the city a punch list of things to fix. The sleeves that are crooked will be torn out and redone. The city will be backfilling the sleeves, not us. Obviously they will be doing the same to the bridge. Number plates for the baskets have been ordered. Some tee signs are being redone. We will be clearing sticks and doing some trimming but don't expect it to be perfect until the city starts mowing, they will need to get all the sticks and brush out so they don't mess up equipment. I will be going out on Sunday mornings before the mini to do course work until I'm sick of it or I'm told to stop.

Glad you liked it man! And thanks for the info...I'll probably go back and make a few edits in light of that.

I thought I saw someone taking pics while I was out there last Saturday...Ron maybe?

Nice review Rusty!!

Giles, I think we may be putting the foot bridge in the weekend. Jeff said the steel was delivered to the course. I plan on drinking a few with him tonight, so I'll give you more info later.

5,6 pick up sticks. 7,8 lay them straight:cool:.

Rusty, I'll call you before I head to Lake Bistineau.

give me a call, i'll be out at the course early, plan on playing with omb ygb at 10 then again around 1 with dempsey and paige for some am world doulbes practice.

Holes 13, 15, 16 and 17 are moved to alt position. It still may be a little rough, we needed to check the pins for errors. Sorry for the sticks.

Moved 15 back,moved 4 long,city is fixing sleeves today.Giles your the MAN!! I think you got all the trash picked up!! Jeff is getting the rest of the material for the footbridge today,takes about 2 week for delivery.

Thanks Ron, I know I'm not the only one pick up trash though. When I bring that bucket out everyone pitches in.

Yeah, Giles. You rock with your Maintenance/Golf cart!

I like how hole 6 is turning ghetto. It was supposed to be aesthetic, now there's a rope "holding" a limb up. At least it's better than the 2x4's. Let me know who bought the rope so I can pay them back after I cut it down :)

You guys still playing that course??? Played it a couple of times just doesnt have that "wow" factor. Chuck said he was going to drop off the tables tonight at the mini. Can anybody help me put them together in the morn? We also need to get some stain.

You guys still playing that course??? Played it a couple of times just doesnt have that "wow" factor. Chuck said he was going to drop off the tables tonight at the mini. Can anybody help me put them together in the morn? We also need to get some stain.

I have a couple of stains. :eek:

Good morning,The city is installing the # plates today,They are making us a bullitian board(yea),We raised enough money for a bench.Thanks To Steve Harris and family for donating another bench to the course.We will set them up Sunday before the mini,Everyone have a great weekend!!!