• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Toxoplasmosis

jenb

* Ace Member *
Toxoplasmosis is estimated to infect more than half of humans. In mice, it alters behavior so that the mice seek out cats so that they can be eaten by the cats and spread the infection. Toxoplasmosis is known to affect dopamine in humans and is theorized to alter human behavior by increasing risk taking behavior. One study found a higher percentage of traffic accident fatality victims were infected with toxoplasmosis.

The risk/reward in disc golf is well known. If toxoplasmosis alters human risk taking behavior, then the question can be posed, how does toxoplasmosis affect player rating? The map below appears to suggest that toxoplasmosis lowers player rating. Accordingly, one strategy for playing better is to avoid contracting toxoplasmosis.

Attachments

• Toxoplasmosis_Map.jpg
    Toxoplasmosis_Map.jpg
    60.3 KB · Views: 102
  • Toxoplasmosis_Map_Large.jpg
    Toxoplasmosis_Map_Large.jpg
    75.8 KB · Views: 111
I aint dat smaht so i lookd it up.
Toxoplasmosis
Definition
Toxoplasmosis is an infectious disease caused by the one-celled protozoan parasite Toxoplasma gondii. Although most individuals do not experience any symptoms, the disease can be very serious, and even fatal, in individuals with weakened immune systems.

I still don't know what we're talking about. :)

Heard a story like this one on radiolab. infected rats find cat urine arrousing. I don't know how it would affect humans though

Heard a story like this one on radiolab. infected rats find cat urine arrousing. I don't know how it would affect humans though

Infected humans have been shown to take more risks, have slower reaction time, and generally be more social. Infected human females have a stronger than average dislike of the smell of cat urine, while infected human males have a stronger than average like of the smell of cat urine.

While these effects have been shown in studies, the effects are pretty slight. If you're a cautious person, being infected isn't going to turn you into some wild daredevil.

Toxoplasmosis is estimated to infect more than half of humans. In mice, it alters behavior so that the mice seek out cats so that they can be eaten by the cats and spread the infection. Toxoplasmosis is known to affect dopamine in humans and is theorized to alter human behavior by increasing risk taking behavior. One study found a higher percentage of traffic accident fatality victims were infected with toxoplasmosis.

The risk/reward in disc golf is well known. If toxoplasmosis alters human risk taking behavior, then the question can be posed, how does toxoplasmosis affect player rating? The map below appears to suggest that toxoplasmosis lowers player rating. Accordingly, one strategy for playing better is to avoid contracting toxoplasmosis.

:confused:

^^^lmao:)

Makes me wanna cheese my ****ing brains out.