• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Travelin' Disc

agent_peebody

* Ace Member *
Inspired by WorldsCoolestGuy's "gift" thread, woodcutter and I are seeing if any of you would want to participate in the "Travelin' Disc" project. Our idea was that we get some people together, pitch in some funds, and order some discs. They'll be sent to me initially to be dyed. Once I dye them, I will send one to woodcutter and keep the other.

Once he receives his disc, he will play a few rounds with it, sign it, maybe take a picture of it out on the course, then either:

a.) hide it somewhere on the course, like "worldscoolestguy" did,
b.) send it to someone (a trusted seller/trader) to keep it cruising around the country

So, if you want in on the project...post here and PM me with your donation for the project. We would have to collectively decide on a disc to use, and this is where it gets fun, come up with some kind of "Travelin' Disc" dye to be dyed on them!

Bring on the suggestions!

i think initally, after we use the disc for a few rounds, we should send it to people who donate, then from there it can be more like WorldsCoolestGuy did

thoughts?

I want in, I'll PM you in a bit. I suggest a Nuke as it would be fun to say I'm getting a Nuke in the mail, I get to play with it and then I have to send it to someone else. Then for the traveling disc dye, you should dye the Easy Rider cover onto it.

Nah, it should be a putter or a mid, not everyone's course calls for a Nuke, Katana, etc. Plus, that encourages its probability of being lost. I think a big diameter, champ/Z/Opto disc would be best.

i was thinkin either a buzzz or a roc, maybe both...i'm trying to crank out a design right now...anybody have any ideas? right now i'm trying to make the words "DGCR'S TRAVELIN' DISC" wrap around the disc then put something in the middle...maybe some foot prints?

pics all around the country with one disc is a great idea

Sounds like a fun idea.

I agree with BroD on both points. Whatever mold of disc we choose should be a midrange so that the chance of loss decreases as the options for use increase. I further agree that we need to get it in Champ/Z or Star/ESP so that it can stand up to the abuse that it's going to undoubtedly take.

I could probably donate a new Z or ESP Buzzz to the cause for my entry fee.

Oh, and I think that the circulation list should only be extended to those people that paid and/or those that have > 10 iTrader feedback (as a seller or trader). This way we ensure that the disc continues to travel as only those that have a vested interest in the project or those that have been proven by their peers as being trustworthy are included.

Let me know i'm in ! These two threads are great ways of networking and promoting IMHO. I'll take a pic of it after a round or two. I say make it a Ion or something like that as they take die good and alot of ppl haven't had a chance to play with one.

Oh, and I think that the circulation list should only be extended to those people that paid and/or those that have > 10 iTrader feedback (as a seller or trader). This way we ensure that the disc continues to travel as only those that have a vested interest in the project or those that have been proven by their peers as being trustworthy are included.

exactly. i'm still working on a logo...if anyone has ideas, post them. i'm trying to make the words in a circle and it's a pain in the arse :wall:

I can video tape a round at Idlewild with it, and will put a freebie from KY to go long with it.

I definitely want in on this. First off, I think we should only have one disc, that way it's progress is easier to track. If necessary, two will work as well. Although lofty, I think it would be incredibly cool to try and get the disc to every course in the country with different people. I think we should keep a running list of DGCR members that have had it, and what courses they played with it. Lastly, I trust you peebody to come up with a cool design for it.

if you've got an ESP buzzz you can donate, that would be awesome!

Let me see what I can come up with. I'm going to be posting 120+ discs in the next week (including some new Ninjas, Gatweay glow putters, first run Innova, and my usual Discraft ;)). Once the dust settles from all those transactions I'll have a better idea of what I'd be able to donate. Worst-case scenario is that I toss a few bucks toward the cause.

I definitely think that the disc needs to be something very ubiquitous rather than something that just hit the market or is a niche mold.

Chain Train?
Locomotive busting through big-a$$ chains?

I'm in but really haven't a clue as to what is going on.
How many discs are you going to use? I have an extra blue ION we can use.

Let me see what I can come up with. I'm going to be posting 120+ discs in the next week (including some new Ninjas, Gatweay glow putters, first run Innova, and my usual Discraft ;)). Once the dust settles from all those transactions I'll have a better idea of what I'd be able to donate. Worst-case scenario is that I toss a few bucks toward the cause.

I definitely think that the disc needs to be something very ubiquitous rather than something that just hit the market or is a niche mold.

:clap: Great word! and I agree with that notion.

I definitely want in on this. First off, I think we should only have one disc, that way it's progress is easier to track. If necessary, two will work as well. Although lofty, I think it would be incredibly cool to try and get the disc to every course in the country with different people. I think we should keep a running list of DGCR members that have had it, and what courses they played with it. Lastly, I trust you peebody to come up with a cool design for it.

It would be cool if we could set up a Google map to track the disc as it moves around the country (like the DGCR travel tags).

Latest posts