• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

tree abuse

CFH-mn

Par Member
fairway tree 20yrs of hits and it still lives.
trees003.jpg

trees001.jpg

Man thats pretty crazy. I have seen some bad trees but not that bad.

Man, that has to be one of the most beat up trees I've seen so far. Looks like a few folks were throwing axes instead of discs. :D That tree needs some TLC...

Might be alive but I bet it's not healthy. With that much flesh torn off of it, I figure it would be extra-susceptible to disease. Must be a real survivor, that one.

what not to feature in your proposal to the Parks and rec folks

I've seen some courses put up the black plastic ribbed tubing (like you see on the end of rain gutter spouts) on trees...in the line of fire...

I've seen some courses put up the black plastic ribbed tubing (like you see on the end of rain gutter spouts) on trees...in the line of fire...

Yeah, I've seen that on half a dozen of the courses I've played.

I thought I would just feel sorry for the tree and move on, but I just felt the immediate need to buy a camera and take it with me discing.

This is why I don't like to see tee pads installed close to and directly behind trees. Even if it doesn't kill the tree, it's ugly and unappealing and bad mojo if you have any treehuggers that frequent the park.

I understand the appeal of the "field goal" shot, but for a tree to get mauled like that, I figure it has to be only a couple of feet off the pad, and in the line of fire. I could be totally wrong, of course, and you've just got a lot of players at your course throwing saw blades instead of discs.

its my camera phone, mini sd card

its kaposia park hole 12
there the black trees just on the left
trees002.jpg

i made the generic distance signs and some dirrection arrows for the map-less...

Last edited:

Latest posts