• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Trilogy Challenge 2015

Played in Trilogy Challenge today. Just some info on disc flight for those whose can't throw 500. A little about myself for reference. I can throw my Tern 370 reliably and will usually hit 400 once or twice a round. Thrown a Thief about 330-350, Roc3 260-280, Judge around 220-230.

Latitude 64 Retro Macana - looks and feels like a hybrid of a Judge and a Dagger. Beaded with the rounded nose of Dagger but shallower, although not as shallow as the Judge. I putt with a Judge, so not too much difference there and one full throws flies very much the same as well. Did not get a chance to throw them back to back to actually compare, but I tried to throw it like I would my Judge and had pretty good success.

Dynamic Discs Fuzion Evidence - As I mentioned earlier, I throw a roc3 for my mid and these flew pretty close to one another. Not quite as understable as the Claymore and certainly not overstable. Had a microbead similar to the Claymore and the nose looked virtually identical to it, but it was just a tad more stable.

Westside Discs Elasto Sampo - Flew and looks very similar to a champion Thunderbird. Was maybe a little faster and maybe slightly less stable. I only threw this a few times, but on a hole I normally throw my Thunderbird, the Sampo went just a little farther (about 10 feet) and not quite as much low speed fade. Also reminded me of a slightly faster, more stable Escape. It had less high speed turn than lucid Escape, but about the same fade.