• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Trilogy Challenge

Played the TC last weekend at Mt Airy here are my impressions regarding the disc;

Thief- premium material beast like, in the bag

Claymore-premium material, like a san marino roc

Putter-soft base material, reminded me of a wizard

Most Driver and Mid colors were charcoal, Most Putters were yellow, orange, green and blue disc were in the minority.

I love the claymore and shield. I now is the shield and pure as my putters. The claymore seems very reliable as well. Seems to fly the same every time. The thief was ok. A little touchy. The shield was by far my favorite but both the shield and claymore are in my bag.

I was wondering if anyone currently planning a trilogy challenge could help me out. The event planned in my area was cancelled and there's not one anywhere close. Would it be possible for me to sign up for your event and get the pack mailed in? Pleaseeeee?

So, quick story about the Trilogy Challenge I just helped run this past weekend. We ran a Juniors Only version. Had a small crowd of 17 kids show up. Did clinics in the morning and played our round in the afternoon. Had every kid tell me how much fun they had. Parents were literally thanking us all over the place. Kids were asking us when we would do something like this again. Kids were exchanging phone numbers to play with each other in the future. Had one dad literally crying because this was the first time his kid showed interest in doing anything but video games. I am sure there have been some other great Trilogy Challenge events out there, but it will be hard for me to believe that any were better than this one. Blog post about it with more details coming soon on my blog! See link in my sig.

Played this weekend. Liked the thief, but not enough to bag it, hated the claymore, thought it was way too understable. Sheild was fine, but I really don't like deep rim putters.

Had a lot of fun. My kid was bombing the thief and really liked it, we had some good colors except the thief was available in green. Like lose it in the grass green. Such a bad color.

So, quick story about the Trilogy Challenge I just helped run this past weekend. We ran a Juniors Only version. Had a small crowd of 17 kids show up. Did clinics in the morning and played our round in the afternoon. Had every kid tell me how much fun they had. Parents were literally thanking us all over the place. Kids were asking us when we would do something like this again. Kids were exchanging phone numbers to play with each other in the future. Had one dad literally crying because this was the first time his kid showed interest in doing anything but video games. I am sure there have been some other great Trilogy Challenge events out there, but it will be hard for me to believe that any were better than this one. Blog post about it with more details coming soon on my blog! See link in my sig.

Scott and crew did an AMAZING job putting on the Trilogy Challenge for the Juniors. Here he is putting on the putting clinic:
10500392_290356647811215_588948433030995782_n.jpg

10392281_290356631144550_5743566179879329623_n.jpg

All the kids seemed to really like the discs, but in my daughters group (ten and under) the Claymore seemed to be the runaway hit. After the round, I gave It a toss on hole 1 at Birds Nest and almost aced the hole. I think the Claymore is a great disc. It's fairly neutral, maybe a little on the understable side for powerful throwers. I was able to put it up on a bit of hyzer and it flipped to flat, tracked a bit to the right and then had a reliable yet gentle fade.

For those throwing at lower elevations it might be a bit different. It kind of reminded me of a Pro D Buzzz in flight, but not in feel. I haven't thrown the Thief yet but it seemed pretty understable even at our elevation and with the younger players throwing it. Shield seemed like a good, neutral putter. Bruised pretty easily.

Once again, Big thanks to Scott (TalbotTrojan) and crew for putting this on!

Had a good time in Aberdeen, WA YMCA-sponsored Trilogy Challenge. Being a 315' driving 20' putting guy here is my take.

Westside Shield - Feels great in the hand, floated more than I like putting - great driving putter, though, so I am bagging it for that

Latitude 64 Claymore - Straight flier and the longest driving midrange (4-5) I tried to date. Will use it on wooded courses.

Dynamic Discs Thief - Understable driver, maybe 8 6 -2 1. Might be useful as improve my form and become better with heavier drivers (like drivers in the mid 60s)

Also won a Z Stalker in the drawing. Straight but heavy so I have trouble getting it up to speed.

I have not partaken in the Challenge yet, but I finally got my hands on a Claymore. I am comparing it almost identically to a Buzzz SS. With a controlled torque/ snap to arm speed ratio, I hit the exact same lines as my Z Buzzz SS. Now these were limited throws as I do not want to really mess with my bag during Am Worlds, but I see enough potential where I am going to try securing a few more Claymores in this plastic. The Recycled Gold feels identical to BioFuzion, which makes sense considering what BioFuzion is, which makes it even more appealing for me because I am on a huge BioFuzion binge right now.

That is great. Did you use a singles format for play? I have found that kids love doubles. I even had an event w 3 kids per team. Lots of rooting, drama (the good kind) and high fives.

Love the discs. And the plastics.

Move over SSS Wizard, the Shield is in town. NOT a driving putter for sure. Kind of a brick actually. But I love the feel. And that brick-like flight makes me putt with more authority.

The Claymore is a dead straight flyer. And although the plastic looks like DC' s Ti it is a lot gripper. But the colors (at least at our event) were horrible. I would love to put one in my bag but I'd love to be able to find it too.

Much like the Claymore the Thief looked like Ti, but gripped like Star. Very nice. But they came in terrible colors. I didn't get to throw it much, but it seemed similar to a Star Teebird to me. I definitely want to give it a good workout.

Now when can I buy them?

Anyone else finding the shield to be very similar to the dagger. Dagger might have a slightly deeper rim but I am living both and often can't decide between the two.

I hate the shield, I'll be more than happy to trade mine if anyone wants it. It was only thrown in the tournament and its light grey in color.

Trilogy plastic

I went to the local Trilogy Challenge here at Black Mountain DGC. Here are a few of the discs offered for play in the tourney. This is the driver:
driver_zps347781a4.jpg

Here is the putter:
putter_zps104b3431.jpg

And here is the beautiful mid-range disc:
midrange_zps9617fcc9.jpg

Here are a couple shots of the prize packs:
DDbag_zps9dc0a380.jpg

Very nice looking stuff:
DDbag_02_zps51aa570f.jpg

Not bad for a $30.00 entry!
Comments heard:
Driver: flippy!
Mid: money!
Putter: didn't like it! (damaged easily)

Not bad for a $30.00 entry!
Comments heard:
Driver: flippy!
Mid: money!
Putter: didn't like it! (damaged easily)

Agreed, lots of fun and completely worth it!

Driver is flippy but comes out of it with a bit of fade, great for hyzer flips and it keeps gliding. Not good for forehands with my lack of technique.

The mid I find so close to a Lat Core...just a little more turn and a little less fade. If you hyzer flip it, it is so straight and drops without any fade pretty much. It's a looooong mid.

I hated the putter. Like really, really hated it. It cost me so many strokes from upshots/drives and putts...I just couldn't adjust to it. It is very very stable/overstable and not glidey at all. I'd rate it as 2/1.5/0/3.

Yay, 6 month bump! Anyway, our local Trilogy Challenge for 2015 was just announced. Here's the disc line-up for the player pack:

- Westside Discs driver
- Dynamic Discs midrange
- Latitude 64 putter

Gonna try and run one in southern wv at glenwood park dgc. Also gonna hit up local businesses for donations to have ctp's and ring of fire type ways to to win. That way I can run one division but anyone can win something.

Latest posts