• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Recommend] Trilogy discs that flies like a Mantis and Vulture

I had about 40 min to throw before work this morning. On the first throw with the Biofuzion Getaway I knew this mold was going straight in my bag. The Lucid Getaway is slightly more overstable than the Vulture and the Biofuzion is slightly more understable, and I expect it to season nicely. The Biofuzion flipped up to flat on a small hyzer and then reliably faded out. Loved this one. The Explorer flew nice as well but I prefer the feel of the Getaway.

I spent most of the time throwing the Mantis, Vandal and Escape because this confused me the most. The Vandal was definitely more overstable than both the Escape and the Mantis. It was quite windy and the Vandal wasn't even close to turning and burning into a pretty strong headwind. The Escape however felt really close to the Mantis and I could hyzerflip it with ease up to flat and let it turn a bit to the right before coming back. It handled the headwind a lot worse though and turned over a few times for me, although I feel that this is something I can learn to control and this isn't gonna be a wind fighter anyways.

Both the Escape and the Vandal was Lucid 173g and looking at the numbers I'm really confused on how the Vandal can be so much more stable. The Escape is definitely the top contender as of now to replace the Mantis. Maybe I'll get the Escape in a more understable plastic as well to use as my turnover disc. Haven't decided whether or not I'm gonna try another Vandal to see if this was a dud or not, but I have seen more reviews saying that the Vandal is more stable than the Escape, despite what the numbers say, so maybe this is the case?

I can say that both the Vandal and Escape bombed though, holy moly.

I had about 40 min to throw before work this morning. On the first throw with the Biofuzion Getaway I knew this mold was going straight in my bag. The Lucid Getaway is slightly more overstable than the Vulture and the Biofuzion is slightly more understable, and I expect it to season nicely. The Biofuzion flipped up to flat on a small hyzer and then reliably faded out. Loved this one. The Explorer flew nice as well but I prefer the feel of the Getaway.

I spent most of the time throwing the Mantis, Vandal and Escape because this confused me the most. The Vandal was definitely more overstable than both the Escape and the Mantis. It was quite windy and the Vandal wasn't even close to turning and burning into a pretty strong headwind. The Escape however felt really close to the Mantis and I could hyzerflip it with ease up to flat and let it turn a bit to the right before coming back. It handled the headwind a lot worse though and turned over a few times for me, although I feel that this is something I can learn to control and this isn't gonna be a wind fighter anyways.

Both the Escape and the Vandal was Lucid 173g and looking at the numbers I'm really confused on how the Vandal can be so much more stable. The Escape is definitely the top contender as of now to replace the Mantis. Maybe I'll get the Escape in a more understable plastic as well to use as my turnover disc. Haven't decided whether or not I'm gonna try another Vandal to see if this was a dud or not, but I have seen more reviews saying that the Vandal is more stable than the Escape, despite what the numbers say, so maybe this is the case?

I can say that both the Vandal and Escape bombed though, holy moly.

Between the Getaway and Vulture, which one went further?

Between the Getaway and Vulture, which one went further?

It was pretty close, I'd say the BioFuzion Getaway probably went a bit further than the other two. I didn't really pay too much attention to the distance since they all went roughly as far, and it was mostly the flight path I was testing out.

They all have big distance potential though.