• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Trip!Gulf Shores, to NO, to Dallas, to Ozark, Ar, to Manchester, Tn

yes s1rr

Par Member
I am looking at courses on this route, trying to find the best ones to play and stay at, if anyone knows of any will you please let me know, Thank you! hope to play a round with you

I live in fort smith about 45 minutes from ozark :) do you know what dates you will be passing through on? if im off work id be more then happy to show you around some of our courses. will you be staying in Ozark?

Near Manchester you need to hit Cedar Hill in Nashville, Sharp Springs in Smyrna, Barfield in Murfreesboro, and Burde Ridge (private) in Woodbury.
I take it you are doing bonnoro

Taking I40 from Ozark to TN brings you through the Little Rock area and the Burns Park courses are right off the interstate. If I am not busy I could show ya around those or any other course in the area.

Blue Angel Park in Pensacola has the best 2 course around. Its about 30 min east of Gulf Shores.

If you dont backtrack and stay towards New Orleans, you have Fairhope which is the exit right before you go over the Mobile, AL bridge. Its about 10 miles off the interstate to the left.

Mobile has several nice courses very close to I-10 too

I am looking at courses on this route, trying to find the best ones to play and stay at, if anyone knows of any will you please let me know, Thank you! hope to play a round with you

I can advise your route from Baton Rouge until you get to Dallas, I'll leave Dallas advice to the locals since I only got to play 3 courses there last time :\

Great stops:
Flanacher Road Park - Zachary, LA*
Lazarre Park (2 courses) - West Monroe, LA
Lindsey Park (3 courses) - Tyler, TX*

*slight detours off the route - about 30 min. but worth it.

Okay stops:
Highland Road Park - Baton Rouge, LA
Acadiana Park (2 courses) - Lafayette, LA
Hideaway Park - Ruston, LA
Clyde Fant DGC - Shreveport, LA

Avoid:
Lafreniere Park - Metarie, LA (middle of a busy park, not worth the time it takes to play a round)
Greenwood Park - Baker, LA (closed for renovations)
Trenton Street Golf - Monroe, LA

Hope this helps.

Lazarre Park (2 courses) - West Monroe, LA
Hideaway Park - Ruston, LA
Clyde Fant DGC - Shreveport, LA

Let me know if you head to any of these courses and I would be happy to show you around. I would also add to the list:

Lake D'Arbonne - Farmerville, LA, (20 minute detour) but a new, tight and technical course
Lake Bistineau - Doyline, LA ( great mix of technical and long holes)