• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

TRIP TO COLORADO!!

eli said:
Fritz said:
Left Hand is a good one, I'm partial to New Belgium and Flying Dog.

Colorado has more breweries then any other state per capita, so you won't be short of beer choices :)

Yessir... the guys @ flying dog are really a good group of laid back folk that can drink and talk beer all day. The founder was friends with hunter thompson. How dope is that.

I'm planning to get back up there in the summer. I am hoping to go to avery and I think the other one in boulder is walnut brewing co. Any breweries by gunnison?

I will make sure to play badlands and I'll hit you guys up about some more courses when it gets a little closer to me getting up there. I hear that lakewood dry gulch is down?

Yeah Lakewood Dry Gulch is out until they finish the new Light Rail lines. They didn't want the liability of anyone getting hurt while they put in the lines and such.

Not sure about Gunnision, I'm in Grand Junction area, Gunnision is about 3.5 hours from where I'm at.
I wouldn't be surprised if there was tho.

If ya come through the Western Slope make sure to let me know, we'll go play Palisade, Riverbend Park.

eli said:
Fritz said:
Left Hand is a good one, I'm partial to New Belgium and Flying Dog.

Colorado has more breweries then any other state per capita, so you won't be short of beer choices :)

Yessir... the guys @ flying dog are really a good group of laid back folk that can drink and talk beer all day. The founder was friends with hunter thompson. How dope is that.

I'm planning to get back up there in the summer. I am hoping to go to avery and I think the other one in boulder is walnut brewing co. Any breweries by gunnison?

I will make sure to play badlands and I'll hit you guys up about some more courses when it gets a little closer to me getting up there. I hear that lakewood dry gulch is down?

Let me know when you're playing Badlands, I would like to join you for a round.

maks said:
make sure to drink some SUNSHINE WHEAT.....its amazing IMO

Skinny Dip is better, but still drink a Sunshine Wheat then chase it with a Skinny Dip :)
Yum......makes me wish I was at home drinking one.

Distance drivers are where you'll notice the biggest problems with overstability. Definitely bring some beat stuff in that area.

I second the votes of Widefield and Pueblo, I live in Colorado Springs. If you want to see pictures of the Colorado Springs courses, go here: http://ppfdc.com/. Click on "Local Courses" on the left and you'll see links to the pictures of the courses. Sakuna Pines is a private course, but if you're a PDGA member you can go. You may want to email the local club to get info on it.

It's almost always windy in Colorado Springs, but you'll get your best weather in the mornings. Let us know how it goes and where you went!

Fr0sty711:

I actually just got back from a weeks vacation to Colorado from Iowa City, Iowa. It was amazing!

The courses that I hit up and suggest are:

Conifer/ Pine, Colorado:

Beaver Ranch: A
Phantom Falls: A+ (private 30 hole par 90 course)

Colorado Springs, Colorado:

CottonWood: B
Widefield: B+

Pueblo, Colorado:

Pueblo City Park: B

Sterling, Colorado:

Sterling: D

Black Forest, Colorado:

Sakuna Pines: A (private course)

Denver Area:

Johnny Roberts: A

Hays, Kansas:

Frontier Park: A

These are just my suggestions as I just got back from there. I look for more technical courses so these might not be exactly what youre looking for but they were all great courses.

Beaver Ranch, Sakuna Pines and Phantom Falls were by far the most beautiful and most fun to play. Scenery was amazing.

I suggest putting this post on www.milehighdiscgolf.com It's Colorado's offical disc golf site. They people were very helpful and very nice.

I have directions, phone numbers for the private courses and email addresses so if you need anything just let me know.

Have a safe trip,

broxey

Hey everyone im finally out here but my vacation is coming to a end.... my wife planed alot of stuff to do over the trip so i have only played 1 course which was badlands it was definatly a fun course but i had to wait for a group to show up at one b/c the signs were kinda confusing and since from tee one u can see like 6 or soo baskets i was a little unsure but once another group got there i was able to just follow them around the course.. it was alot of fun.. we only have 2 more days in colorado so we r going to play Johnny Roberts today somewhere between 3-5 i think so i hope i enjoy it... I also tried sunshine wheat and liked it alot... left hand beer was just ok for me... but colorado is VERY beautiful and i do wish i lived here... well thans for so many suggestions.. i am alittle bummed we had so much planned that i was only able to get to 2 courses but hopefullly next time we come out we can hit up more...ill post my opionion on Johny roberts when i get done playing it this afternoon!

Fr0sty711 said:
Hey everyone im finally out here but my vacation is coming to a end.... my wife planed alot of stuff to do over the trip so i have only played 1 course which was badlands it was definatly a fun course but i had to wait for a group to show up at one b/c the signs were kinda confusing and since from tee one u can see like 6 or soo baskets i was a little unsure but once another group got there i was able to just follow them around the course.. it was alot of fun.. we only have 2 more days in colorado so we r going to play Johnny Roberts today somewhere between 3-5 i think so i hope i enjoy it... I also tried sunshine wheat and liked it alot... left hand beer was just ok for me... but colorado is VERY beautiful and i do wish i lived here... well thans for so many suggestions.. i am alittle bummed we had so much planned that i was only able to get to 2 courses but hopefullly next time we come out we can hit up more...ill post my opionion on Johny roberts when i get done playing it this afternoon!

Badlands was definitely a good choice to pick! It's one of my top 5 courses. Did you play all 27 holes?

got a round at Johnny Roberts in before the rain came.... Johnny roberts was definatly the best mapped courses i have been at... never had to wonder where a hole was.. it was kinda a shorter course then the one at home but i still liked it alot and my wife definatly liked the short course... I mananged to finish -1 at the course... one thing i can definatly say is if u play that course all the time u definatly need a golden retriver.. haha my wife did alot of swimming on that course... Oh and i busted my ass on the 1st tee.. there is a big mud puddle on the end of the pad... but the people at the course were very nice and helpful... so over all is was a awesome course.. Badlands was fun too and no i didnt play all 27 just 18... but i think badlands needs to get better signs to where there holes r but definaly and fun hilly course.. thanks soo much for all the suggestions and if your even in muncie, INdiana hit me up and ill show u around my home course... its definatly longer and people who like to rip it will love it!

Fr0sty711 said:
got a round at Johnny Roberts in before the rain came.... Johnny roberts was definatly the best mapped courses i have been at... never had to wonder where a hole was.. it was kinda a shorter course then the one at home but i still liked it alot and my wife definatly liked the short course... I mananged to finish -1 at the course... one thing i can definatly say is if u play that course all the time u definatly need a golden retriver.. haha my wife did alot of swimming on that course... Oh and i busted my ass on the 1st tee.. there is a big mud puddle on the end of the pad... but the people at the course were very nice and helpful... so over all is was a awesome course.. Badlands was fun too and no i didnt play all 27 just 18... but i think badlands needs to get better signs to where there holes r but definaly and fun hilly course.. thanks soo much for all the suggestions and if your even in muncie, INdiana hit me up and ill show u around my home course... its definatly longer and people who like to rip it will love it!

Kewl, You missed out on the Blair Witch holes at Badlands. Johnny is a great course it's been there since the late 70's from what I understand.
More than likely you met Mile High Disc Golfers. They are great.

Latest posts