• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Trouble on the Home Front

thediscinmusician

Par Member
So a couple years ago I was banned from our local club. I can't play in any non-pdga sanctioned local events, can't play in their leagues, the leader of the group won't answer my e-mails or anything. I'm fine with all that, but this past week I left a disc out on the course. Within a couple hours I realized it and went back out to get it. I had just bought it that day and had not put my name on it yet. When I got out there another local was playing and had stated the leader of the group (we'll use the name JAMES) had it and to get in touch with him. Well he won't answer my e-mails, I know he's read my messages on various message boards.

How would you guys go about handling this situation? I've been nothing but nice to this guy since they've banned me. Going above and beyond, killing with kindness, etc...I just get tired of getting crapped on continuosly by this group!

I'm a Youth Pastor at a church in Tanner, AL. We just built a 6 hole course behind our church and have been praying fervently about how God was going to supply discs for the kids who will come and play the course. I play myself but I don't have enough for everyone that comes out.

WWJD??

Glad your looking for help on the issue instead of settling matter how most would!

After reading the thread at PDGA, here's my suggestion.

Spend the $10 to take the tournament officials exam and hold tourneys at a different (better) course on the same days as theirs.

Unless you're not into revenge. In which case, I'll have to actually think about a good solution :D

The situation sounds petty. How does a youth pastor get accused of theft? the local club leader sounds like an elitist jerk on a power trip to ban someone on their first offense with no proof of that offense. I like the idea of sponsoring a hole at Tourneys. Who will have the guts to tell a hole sponsor that they can not play?

After reading the PDGA post I think you are a liar or you have really bad luck. I mean you must have done something to these people. I mean most people wouldn't ban you from a league just for circumstantial stuff like that. I think you did something else.

I am not sure I would come out and call you a liar, but I do wish the TD was here to defend his actions, I would love to hear the otherside.

you said in the pdga thread you did not like the disc so you put it back, what if you liked the disc?

This was almost three years ago. This all sounds really fishy. As a Youth Pastor you are bound by your faith to forgive and forget. Not only do I doubt your story here but I am doubting your religous convictions as well.