• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Trouble on the Home Front

This was almost three years ago. This all sounds really fishy. As a Youth Pastor you are bound by your faith to forgive and forget. Not only do I doubt your story here but I am doubting your religous convictions as well.

Ditto.
Hope the guy giving his sons discs away gets wind of this thread too.

Just another reason why clubs, tournaments and a bigger, bolder sport may not be all that it is cracked up to be. Small-minded people that screw it up for everyone. I'm just not sure which guy is the problem. If he didn't take the discs why would he want to pay with those douche-bags anyway. Go get a few good friends, play for lunch and have fun. You don't need their stinkin' club.

Still wondering why you got banned?

This was almost three years ago. This all sounds really fishy. As a Youth Pastor you are bound by your faith to forgive and forget. Not only do I doubt your story here but I am doubting your religous convictions as well.

I think you misunderstood him. He never said that he had anything against the guy, he just wanted his disc back because it was wrongfully taken from him. Yeah, his story does sound fishy. But he is past that, and they are not.

and on another topic, the Bible never says to forget about wrongs, although many think it does.

Im not taking sides and I dont know any of those involved personally, with that being said there is one thing that I find a little funny about the story. That is no matter how faded ink is on a disc you would be able to read it,and you could, then all of the sudden you are able to read it at a later date. That seems weird and with everything else that you have already been through I would think that you would go th extra mile not to be painted with that brush if people have already accused you before. It like a crackhead(who has been busted before) getting stopped, saying he has done nothing wrong and then they find more crack on him. Not taking sides again bu just my two cents. And if I misunderstood thatpart of the story please corret me.

Your PDGA thread about why you were banned is from 2007. This shouldn't even be an issue.

That is another reason why I think it is kind of weird. Something like that I wouldnt think would last 2 1/2 years unless there was an issue

I don't know who is right or wrong, but if it has going on for 2 1/2 years and nothing has really changed, I would maybe make one more attempt to do what you think that should make things right between you and this guy or group. If they don't accept that, don't waste any more time worrying about it. Life is too short.

When I got out there another local was playing and had stated the leader of the group ... had it and to get in touch with him. Well he won't answer my e-mails, I know he's read my messages on various message boards.

Chalk that one up as lost forever - sorry.

Im not taking sides and I dont know any of those involved personally, with that being said there is one thing that I find a little funny about the story. That is no matter how faded ink is on a disc you would be able to read it,and you could, then all of the sudden you are able to read it at a later date. That seems weird and with everything else that you have already been through I would think that you would go th extra mile not to be painted with that brush if people have already accused you before. It like a crackhead(who has been busted before) getting stopped, saying he has done nothing wrong and then they find more crack on him. Not taking sides again bu just my two cents. And if I misunderstood thatpart of the story please corret me.
sometimes folks write their info on the inside rim of the discs, I do this occasionally. It's pretty easy to overlook this and would explain why he didnt see it at first and saw it later.

IMHO, it really makes no difference. You don't lift a disc, marked or unmarked, from a lost & found and start hucking it around unless it actually is yours (not just that it cannot be proven that it is not yours)!

I don't know the full story, half story or much of anything else but i do know the TD. The TD is a straight shooter and does not waste time on BS. My thinking is that you either lied to the TD or did something that made the TD believe you were not being truthful. As I have seen with others the TD does not waste a lot of time dealing with people that can not be trustworthy. Whether it is a misunderstanding or you got caught, I do not know. Taking a sharpie to the entire underside of a disc or to the entire inside rim screams bad karma. Whether the current situation is due to a bad set of coincidences that brought upon a misunderstanding or a simple case of not being truthful, I think the best medicine is to apologize and make ammends if you want to particpate at the club level. Whether you are in the right or wrong I don't think it matters much after a couple of years and getting back in their good graces is the only way for you to show them, over time, by kindness, that this was all a misunderstanding in the first place.

sometimes folks write their info on the inside rim of the discs, I do this occasionally. It's pretty easy to overlook this and would explain why he didnt see it at first and saw it later.

If you find a disc and thats what we are talking about "FIND", then it is your responsibilty to ook over th whole disc and see if you might know the owner. Just because it was on the inner rim is not an excuse

Sorry I haven't responded to all these remarks. I've been on vacation and just got back. I'll make this short and sweet. The incident that happened almost 3 years ago is not on the table. For the questions on the used disc that I threw, I had asked permission from the club president if I could try it out. The club had a used stash at that point and he said it was fine. I threw it, didn't like the way it flew and put it back in the box. End of story. Somewhere between here and there they couldn't find it. On the case of the 2 missing discs from the TD's car, I refused to pay for them or replace them cause I didn't do anything...I tried many times to work out something, etc...but what it all boiled down to was, in their eyes I was seen as a "theif/liar/etc..." I don't want to hang around with people that I'm not going to enjoy the sport of disc golf with. BUT now getting to the point of the recent situation, I sent the TD an e-mail the NIGHT I lost my disc stating that I had lost it, and that I wanted to get it back knowing good and well he had it. I got an e-mail tonight when I got home stating he GAVE it away. Just gave it away. Does that make sense to anyone? It wasn't like I waited a week to let the guy know it was that very night. I'm just tired of dealing with it all. I play in the local tournaments I have forgiven 70x7 and beyond that, my religious beliefs are in check and I believe I have done whatever I could and did what I thought was right. In this instance they're no better than me. OK so that wasn't exactly short and sweet but I'll take all the questions and give all the answers I could possible give out.

Latest posts