• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Trusted Reviewers

Status
Not open for further replies.

timg

* Ace Member *
Gold level trusted reviewer
Premium Member
I finally setup that new feature I've mentioned in a couple of posts here before. If your reviews get a cumulative 25 total helpful votes, you will be shown as a "Trusted Reviewer" with a small icon indicating that status on your profile page as well as on all your reviews next to your name.

The vote tally is updated every night and right now there is only one reviewer on the site that has the icon with a couple of people that are pretty close.

So if you guys find a review to be helpful (or not helpful), give it a quick vote and let us know. Votes are anonymous, so no need to worry :)

UPDATE 3/23/2009:
Here are the TR qualifications as of today.

Bronze: 10 Reviews, 50 Helpful Votes, 10 Unique Voters
Silver: 20 Reviews, 150 Helpful Votes, 30 Unique Voters
Gold: 30 Reviews, 300 Helpful Votes, 60 Unique Voters
Diamond: 50 Reviews, 1000 Helpful Votes, 200 Unique Voters

Last edited:
Trusted

So who is this trusted person? Please give us their name so that we can see what the icon looks like and be more motivated to attain it!

Lowe

Looks like I did the calculations wrong.. nobody has an icon just yet. Currently there is a tie with 2 people both having 8 votes and the icon shows up at 25. So tell more people to come to the site and sign up :)

Also, I didn't mention in the original post but the icon will also show up on the homepage for recent reviews.

On an unrelated note, I renamed "Browse Courses" to "Course Directory". I found that a few people haven't even noticed the course browser map, etc. and thought renaming it to something slightly more obvious would prompt more people to check it out.

Congrats go out to jaymon1! He is DGCR's first trusted reviewer!

Thanks for all the awesome reviews jaymon! :)

I got my medal recently too. w00t! :D

Tim,

Just a thought: how about one medal icon for each 50 helpful votes? I think you've got the screen space in all the places to support that. Maybe change the color on each new medal... blue, white, red, silver, gold...

ERic

I was going to create different levels.. maybe I'll do bronze, silver, gold and then for people that attain some absurdly large number I'll do something special.

Just added three different levels for trusted reviewers, Bronze, Silver and Gold.

Bronze starts at 50 helpful votes. Currently there are only 2 people that have the Silver level and nobody has Gold.

It must be 50. I'm stalled out at 42. With gas prices I have not gone to a course I have not reviewed in awhile, and I don't like to write reviews from distant memory. Without a new review I figure I won't get there for a while.

AND...I got a negative, darn it! I thought it was funny, I got a negative on my review of the course I used to run. When I dream of disc golf , it's always at White Birch Park in Hazelwood, MO...I've played it at least 500 times and the course is seared into my subconscious. But I guess somebody didn't like my review. :rolleyes: I love democracy! Besides, I've written a few that could probably stand a negative so it will all even out.

I've noticed that the good reviews are getting longer and more detailed as time goes on, so some of mine from a year ago that I thought were pretty good seem pretty general and light on details today. I'm probably going to have to edit some of mine or I'll get even more negatives.

Silver starts a little higher at 150, Gold at 300. Negatives don't count against you but they obviously don't count for you either.

MAN! I hit enter and my computer thought about it for a while...when it finally posted a bunch of people already answered the question. It's been happening all day. Slow computer day...

Oh man I thought silver was going to be 100. Wow, 150! :p Man, I wish I could travel further out and play some more new courses to get a boost.

BTW, this is fun!

Just added three different levels for trusted reviewers, Bronze, Silver and Gold.

Bronze starts at 50 helpful votes. Currently there are only 2 people that have the Silver level and nobody has Gold.

Great idea! :D

Silver

Michael Phelps I'm not, but WooHoo! I just turned sliver :D Now who's gonna show me the Silver Club secret handshake?

15 Bronze and 5 silver members as of today:
http://www.dgcoursereview.com/mem_browse.php?&trusted=1

P.S. Tim, why does the member search default to Country=US instead of Country=Any?

Last edited:
Um.. because nobody complained about it? :D I changed it so it defaults to "Any". Also, congrats on joining the silver club!

Congrats!

Congratulations Eric! Your reviews are quite well done so I've contributed some "thumbers" to your total.

Not to steal your thunder... but I also want to point out that Donovan achieved the Bronze level with a mere 12 reviews! I think people like his style (unless he's paying people to vote for him ;)).

But poor Donovan has only played 12 courses in 21.4 years, so that's not quite 2 a year :D. And now that he's gotten so OLD he may not even be able to keep up that blistering pace. :p

Not to steal your thunder...
'Salright. I'll take consolation in "shortest time playing to get to Silver".

I need to get moving on my reviews of the nine courses I played in Denver... must... get... little... gold... icon... :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts