• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Vs.] Truth vs Buzzz

lohizz

Par Member
Let's start a war here :D

For me, I really don't know. I really like the truth, but IMO it is really unforgiving on release issues and will come crashing down if you release with a bit of OAT or anhyzer. The truth is still more useful in most situations (because of stability, little bit more turn that buzzz IMO).

The buzzz in the other hand, is better in the wind, I like the flatter top and it is a lot more forgiving on release issues.

Give me your opinions :popcorn:

Truth is not a better Buzzz....its just a better disc, period. more stable HSS flight and more predictable fade. Basically, a Truth is the Buzzz that Roc throwers actually want...especially in that Classic Plastic.

i find just the opposite. I get better more consistent flight in the wind with a Truth. all the plastics so far throw almost the same brand new (i have Bio, Classic, Fuzion, and Lucid), Buzzz's in different plastics all fly different...heck even the same plastic ones fly different sometimes.

Maybe my lucid truth is different then :D Less HSS and LSS than my little-worn-in z buzzz..

The truth is that the buzzz sucks. :p

I joke. I've never tried a truth, and I always though the buzzz was overrated. Woe is me.

I have thrown the buzzz and the truth. Here is my take on both. The buzz i threw when i was still learning to throw. i didn't really understand the concept of mids at the time and couldn't really get the buzz to fly like others do. I did like the feel in the hand but contrary to the first post, i don't believe it is better in the wind. I think the truth is and even more so the suspect. They are similar feeling in the hand except for the the micro bead or lip or whatever to call it. All i know is i feel more confident with the truth. For my power i can do anything with the truth, hyzer, straight, anny and if i screw up the throw it is more forgiving than the buzz, i can also flick a truth better than the buzzz, so to me the truth is the buzzz killer.

I havent spent much time with a truth.. but it seemed pretty similar to my buzzz..

The bio fuzion truth i had seemed to have a little turn but would fade more at the end than my buzzz.

I prefer new out-of the box truths (any plastic) over Buzz's. But.... i'm gonna get flamed for this....

my own experience is that truths (in any premium plastic) get flippy much faster than the Buzz in equivilent plastic. For reference, my effective range on both discs is 300ft. After 4 months of wear on a Z Buzz and Lucid Truth, you'll have a very straight flying buzz and a turn-friendly truth.

There is a specific sweet spot that I find when beating a truth that is the most perfect mid-range ever. And then a month or two later it's gone. But your mileage may vary.

Let's start a war here :D

For me, I really don't know. I really like the truth, but IMO it is really unforgiving on release issues and will come crashing down if you release with a bit of OAT or anhyzer. The truth is still more useful in most situations (because of stability, little bit more turn that buzzz IMO).

The buzzz in the other hand, is better in the wind, I like the flatter top and it is a lot more forgiving on release issues.

Give me your opinions :popcorn:

I gave in and picked up a Classic Truth at 178g...I've been a Buzzz thrower for most of my "career" and was very reluctant to even give anything a chance to kick them out. Still haven't had a chance to throw the Truth, but will this Sunday, and will be putting it up against my 10yr, Z, esp, and Ti buzzzes...may be overkill, but I'm making sure this is truly a "Buzzz Killer".

Now to the OP, from what I hear the Truth is more HSS and LSS than the Buzzz slightly, until beat in of course...and also, my Classic Truth is rediculously flat...just as flat as my near concave Ti Buzzz. The shoulder sits a little higher on the Buzzz also....they have a pretty different feel to me. The Buzzz also has a flatter edge to it. I'm really interested to see the speed difference...even though the Truth is supposed to be a speed 5 like the Buzzz, the Truth really feels like a fairway driver in hand to me. I also want to see how this thing has amazing glide with how flat this thing is. Its going to be a fun morning of testing come Sunday! :D

I think they're both great mids. I threw the buzzz for a long time I guess and always liked it. I felt like it was comfortable in the hand and then I got my truths and that really is one area the truth wins for me. It just feels like it was made for my hand. The buzzz has a flatter top usually in Z but the "dome" on a truth is almost non existent. Like an ESP buzzz. The classic truth is board flat.

If you compare a lucid truth and z buzzz in flight I would say the truth is slightly less HSS and maybe a little less fade but they are close. This is max weight we'll say. Buzzz fights a headwind slightly better although in other plastics like classic and hybrid/fuzion the truth is pretty stable and does well for me in a brisk wind. I get more glide and distance from the truth in all plastics. Not that the buzzz isn't a long mid but the truth has the potential to be fairway long if you got a big arm which I do not. Durability I guess you can give to the buzzz. They seem to beat slower at first and take a long time. The lucid and bio truth you can beat up to turn kind of fast at first then it slows down like a buzzz long term. I find both to be forgiving to small form errors but the buzzz maybe slightly more because of shape and HSS. That said unless you are a torque monkey with chronic anny release and wrist roll you really shouldn't have any issues throwing a truth on a dead straight line. Just give it a tiny degree of hyzer or perfect flat and smooth throw and they are long and even straighter that a beat buzzz.

Overall I like the buzzz a lot it's a classic. I don't love it like the truth though. For me the truth blends the best parts of the buzzz and has a few of the good things I like about a roc too. I'm down to two collector tenth buzzz's that I will probably sell for tournament funds but I got a box of truths in all weights, color, and plastics. I have found my all purpose go to mid in the truth.

I prefer new out-of the box truths (any plastic) over Buzz's. But.... i'm gonna get flamed for this....

my own experience is that truths (in any premium plastic) get flippy much faster than the Buzz in equivilent plastic. For reference, my effective range on both discs is 300ft. After 4 months of wear on a Z Buzz and Lucid Truth, you'll have a very straight flying buzz and a turn-friendly truth.

There is a specific sweet spot that I find when beating a truth that is the most perfect mid-range ever. And then a month or two later it's gone. But your mileage may vary.

I'd agree completely and I did in my post actually. I just don't have my beat lucid past useful like some claim to be their case. I use it for more full flights now and give it more hyzer. It's no longer my slight head wind truth I go to a newer classic truth for that. I've really only found this to be true with the lucid though and the bio, fuzion, and hybrid will start out more stable and stay that way.

Newer lucid/opto is softer than it was before and I think wears a little different than the old hard opto most of us know. Plus a z buzzz is just a tank. It's not the norm it's like no other. They just don't beat in for years.

I found the Truth to be more under stable than the buzz. The Axis I throw is in between the Truth and Buzz, and is the straightest mid I've thrown that doesn't have high speed turn. All three are good molds but their initial stability will vary, with the Buzz being the most OS of the three.

I'd agree completely and I did in my post actually. I just don't have my beat lucid past useful like some claim to be their case. I use it for more full flights now and give it more hyzer. It's no longer my slight head wind truth I go to a newer classic truth for that. I've really only found this to be true with the lucid though and the bio, fuzion, and hybrid will start out more stable and stay that way.

Newer lucid/opto is softer than it was before and I think wears a little different than the old hard opto most of us know. Plus a z buzzz is just a tank. It's not the norm it's like no other. They just don't beat in for years.

Yeah i don't think any plastics can get beat past useful. i take it back If i ever said that in the past. It's still a good disc when flippy and a great mold to cycle wear stages given the various plastic options... which is the only reason i have't abandoned it yet. This mold may eventually swallow my comets and cores. I have yet to try a verdict and compare it to my hornets.

Yeah i don't think any plastics can get beat past useful. i take it back If i ever said that in the past. It's still a good disc when flippy and a great mold to cycle wear stages given the various plastic options... which is the only reason i have't abandoned it yet. This mold may eventually swallow my comets and cores. I have yet to try a verdict and compare it to my hornets.

Please do so, and report back...Thanks!

:D

No certainly not you or any of your posts I've seen. I agree with you about the lucids. I've just seen maybe two or three other posters here claim that they had a lucid truth that was beat into a flippy POS roller in a matter of weeks and I'm giving the eye roll. These are usually the ones who backtrack when you ask to see a video of that or ask if they want to trade for that disc. If it's really a beat POS roller why won't you trade it to me or let me buy it off you? :D I was giving the lucid truth some oat today out in the cold. Not good results. I've got that one smacked into quite a few trees and not a mark on it but it will certainly turn unless given a decent amount of hyzer.

1,000,000 times yes. Opto is beating in a lot more quickly these days.

all the plastics so far throw almost the same brand new (i have Bio, Classic, Fuzion, and Lucid), Buzzz's in different plastics all fly different...heck even the same plastic ones fly different sometimes.

Doesn't sound like the Truth is any better. From the discussion here. Sounds like you got lucky.

No certainly not you or any of your posts I've seen. I agree with you about the lucids. I've just seen maybe two or three other posters here claim that they had a lucid truth that was beat into a flippy POS roller in a matter of weeks and I'm giving the eye roll. These are usually the ones who backtrack when you ask to see a video of that or ask if they want to trade for that disc. If it's really a beat POS roller why won't you trade it to me or let me buy it off you? :D I was giving the lucid truth some oat today out in the cold. Not good results. I've got that one smacked into quite a few trees and not a mark on it but it will certainly turn unless given a decent amount of hyzer.
you know i noticed that last weekend too... the cold air does not like the truth mold much.

Same disc IMO. Slightly more stable then my year old Z buzzz but that's to be expected. It just sits in my trunk waiting to replace it if I ever lose the buzz. They're both great discs but I love the Buzzz too much to give it up.

Doesn't sound like the Truth is any better. From the discussion here. Sounds like you got lucky.

I've thrown the truth in every plastic. The variances are really slight but you can notice them even still. That's the case for every disc and maker and plastic in my experience. Some just more than others. I never had much difference in Z buzzz's but you start throwing ESP and then the X or ProD and you're talking about some big gaps. I like being able to keep the same mold in a few plastics in my bag and getting small differences in flight though.

I don't have the luxury of three year old beat up truths yet so it's nice to carry a lucid with some wear and then a fresher classic that holds up to wind a little better. That will break in some by spring and I will move in a fresh biofuzion and so on. Same with what people do with rocs or buzzz's.

It's all the same science here we're just going off personal preference. I happen to prefer the feel and results I get from Lat64 plastic and I can dial in a truth fresh or used or anything. I got that confidence in it. Probably the same as you do with your bag.

Fun to have internet wars about it though like it matters what we throw. :D

Latest posts