• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Vs.] Truth vs Buzzz

1,000,000 times yes. Opto is beating in a lot more quickly these days.

Yeah it's changed for sure. I remember I used to only buy gold line because the opto was just too hard for anything but warm summer months. Now I pretty much buy both lucid/opto and fuzion/goldline for everything because when it gets cold like it was today that fuzion/GL is the hard plastic and the opto/lucid is staying the softer of the two.

I don't really know when that started but sometime around the DD releases last december maybe a bit before. I'm not really going to complain I kind of like a softer translucent option that will break in quicker. I'm dealing with a bag of stuff that is a year or less in age I want to get some flippyness going. It's just not in the discs I want yet lol

For me, the Truth is a little more stable at higher speeds then a Buzzz, and holds a better line deeper in its flight path. However, a Truth can still easily be turned over at max speed or in the wind. I also prefer the opaque milky lucid plastic to anything Discraft makes. The Truth is a better compliment to my Ti Wasp then a Buzzz.

Let's start a real war. If the truth is close to a buzzz, they both suck.
Throw a roc. :)

Or be a real winner and throw a mace ;)

I actually really like rocs and buzzzes and truths, but nothing works like a mace for me.

AM World's Truth is my favorite one. Just...perfect.

I second this. I have two and they are great. More HSS than a regular opto in my opinion. I also have a BioFuzion Truth which is also a great flier.

In my personal opinion I have had better luck with Truths then Buzzzes. The Truth changed my game by allowing me to have a mid range disc that went very straight which is necessary in all of the wooded courses here in Michigan. On the other hand, I have thrown FLX, ESP, X, Z, Wasp tooled, old and new Buzzz tooled, Glow, and 10 year Buzzzes. None of them really fit my game.

The only thing that is a Buzzz killer is yourself. For me, I just never could throw the Buzzz consistently. But, I know others who feel the same way about their Buzzz as I do about my Truth. To each his own. :clap:

Let's start a real war. If the truth is close to a buzzz, they both suck.
Throw a roc. :)

If I had a giant feldberg bag and a caddy to carry it I'd have at least one buzzz, roc, and probably three truths. They're all special in their own way. I'd probably put a dx shark in there too. Hell if someone else is carrying the load I'll take one of everything. Or you can just follow me around in a golf cart and I'll put a shops worth of discs on that thing. I like a lot of discs. I don't like certain plastics and I don't like carrying more than I can fit in the grip bag. That's the problem.

Also...am world's hybrid truths are the holy grail. Opaque yellow first run lucids are pretty sweet too and a dyemax fuzion is right up there also. It's the best name they could've picked for that mold.

My EMAC fuzion truth is beefier than my lucid.

My lucid has a -.5 turn and a .5 fade. My fuzion flies as a 0 turn/1 fade,3,

I carry both along with a classic fugitive and a verdict

If I had a giant feldberg bag and a caddy to carry it I'd have at least one buzzz, roc, and probably three truths. They're all special in their own way. I'd probably put a dx shark in there too. Hell if someone else is carrying the load I'll take one of everything. Or you can just follow me around in a golf cart and I'll put a shops worth of discs on that thing. I like a lot of discs. I don't like certain plastics and I don't like carrying more than I can fit in the grip bag. That's the problem.

Also...am world's hybrid truths are the holy grail. Opaque yellow first run lucids are pretty sweet too and a dyemax fuzion is right up there also. It's the best name they could've picked for that mold.
I think you should have 2 carts filled with new discs, follow you around, then just never pick up your last shot, leave it there and grab a new one.

I have thrown the Buzzz - Z, Glo Z, ESP, and Pro D - off and on for years. For me, the Truth is more versatile. It is stable enough for hyzers and moderate headwinds, and works a wide variety of anny lines from tight S-curves to turns that pan out at the end. Buzzz is fantastic on straight and hyzer lines, but never seemed happy flying anny.

I have only thrown Lucid Truths around 166, and I have not had the Truth in the bag long enough to see how it seasons. That said, if I was limited to one midrange it would be the Truth because it is quite forgiving and can do so many things.

I think you should have 2 carts filled with new discs, follow you around, then just never pick up your last shot, leave it there and grab a new one.

I like your style.

Littering the world with discs.

I know a few local scumbags who would just follow me around and keep every disc they find with my ink on it. :thmbdown:

I got out to put my Classic Truth to the test against my 10yr and ESP Buzzz... all max weight. Not too happy about this...

I really like the Truth. First, I just love the Classic/ZH plastics. Second, the thing runs the same lines as a fresh ESP Buzzz with about 1 more HSS. The Truth also has a slightly faster flight. Because of the slight speed difference, I didnt notice a huge difference in glide...Truth might have just a bit more. The Truth is maybe 10-15 feet further, and these are on the course, straight flat throws...not open field. I feel in the open field, I could smoke the Buzzz distance wise, with the Truth. Though both of these discs are "longer" mids, but the Truth just really seems to have a "shorter fairway" mentality, if that makes sense. If feels more like a fairway in the hand, but still fits my modified fan grip nicely, and has that extra distance. I generally throw my Buzzzes out to 300-310' on the course, but I would feel comfortable throwing the Truth out on holes up to 320'. I also feel after beating in my classic, it will turn into a very nice turn over disc...let the disc beating commence :)

Sounds to me like I need to give the truth another shot in different plastics. I've had a Lucid first run and a couple Lucid stock stamps. The first runs are definitely flipper (talked to some other people who throw truths, everyone has noticed the first runs like to turn) than stock stamp Lucids. Thoughts on the difference between Bio/Fusion truths specifically?

I hated the super shallow, narrow rim on the truth. The buzz fits better in my hand and is easier to control for me.

so is a buzz considered shallow at 1.3cm but the truth super shallow at 1.2? and narrow, we talking like you hated how narrow the 1.5cm truth is vs the 1.2cm narrow like the buzz? thats fine if the buzz fits in your hand better, but it seems to me your supporting points are flawed.

KC,
i have an orange first run that is just $. perfectly stable for my liking, she will drift a little right thrown flat or just super straight when popped up from a soft hyzer. the bios i have are certainly flying more true to the flight ratings. i get no right drift. they are slightly more hss. these will actually have a little fade at the end. ime, the bio on a soft anhy will pop out and flex, the lucid just holds it gracefully.

Sounds to me like I need to give the truth another shot in different plastics. I've had a Lucid first run and a couple Lucid stock stamps. The first runs are definitely flipper (talked to some other people who throw truths, everyone has noticed the first runs like to turn) than stock stamp Lucids. Thoughts on the difference between Bio/Fusion truths specifically?

If I had to pick Fuzion or BioFuzion I'm going Fuzion but they are both great. I don't think the Fuzion is available yet outside of dyemax and some other limited runs maybe. The bios can be easily found for the normal price. I would say for me personally the Fuzion is just a hair slightly HSS and a little bit better grip. The bios I have though have some pearl to the plastic and also feel great with plenty of grip and stability for straight lines. If you really look for them you can find some hybrid misprint dyemax truths but by now that would involve finding someone who will part with it at a good price.
I didn't see any in the misprint dyemax box at DD last week. You might be able to call and ask though.

I picked a BioFusion Truth and threw it against my buzzes and I'm sad to say it just wasn't for me. For mids I use a tangent, buzzz and pain and mine seemed to fit between the buzzz and pain. Too much LSS to take over my buzzz spot and not enough HSS to replace the pain. Probably a great disc for someone with alittle more power than me but at least I can say I tried.

The Truth is similar to a Buzzz, just a tad more stable. The Core is really a Buzzz clone IMHO. I lost my Z Buzzz over the summer and was bummed, the Biofuzion Truth I had wasn't the same and left a hole in my hole in my line-up that wasn't filled until I got a 177 GL Core.

A lot of times when expecting a new disc mold from another company to be a Buzzz or Roc or any other mold to a T you get disappointed. I've learned that you can make similar comparisons but never expect to replace disc X that you've grown to know over years and expect disc Y from another company to be the same. It never works that way. Truth is a truth and the Buzzz is a buzzz.

I bet someone even bags them both.

Last edited:
Sounds like the biofusion is what I'm looking for. I don't throw mids super far since I don't have to best arm speed, but I do have quite a bit of snap to compensate for that and buzzzes like turning on me. I've tried the core and the rim is just too slanted for my liking. I'll throw everything side by side when the snow melts and report back. Thanks gentlemen (and ladies?) for some legit answers.