• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Prodigy] Trying Prodigy Again

I havent ever thrown a prodigy discs but some of my buddies do and I just cant seem to give up throwing dynamic at the moment.

It sounds like there are a lot of A2 throwers out there. I used to bag a Suspect for the longest time. For those of you who have thrown both an A2 and a Suspect, how would their flights compare?

Could someone provide a direct comparison of a 400g A1 vs a Lucid Justice?

A2/Suspect: A2 is faster but and much more overstable. A 400 A2 is stupidly overstable new, they are definitely a flex shot or spiking putter/mid. It has the turn and fade change speed of a fast midrange. Where the Suspect is much straighter. A Suspect I could get to hold on angle at 300 where an A2 wouldn't hold an angle until it is beat up. Suspect is shorter than A2 and more putter life.

A1 and Justice: flight is very similar. Both are super beefy and shorter than a typical midrange because of the stability. The A1 changes angle slightly faster like a fast midrange, not to say it is any more overstable. The Justice will travel slower but overall I would take the A1 would be a 10 foot longer disc with 330 ft of roc power.

Mail call! Plus here are my initial thoughts on the feel of each of the discs.

350g Pa3 - Love the feel of this disc. Tossed a few practice putts in the garage with it. Comes off the fingers perfect.

400g A1 - The bead was smaller than expected. The diameter of the disc is small as well.

400g M2 - Not a fan of how this initially feels in the hand. The bottom of the rim is quite 'sharp'.

400g M4 - I love everything about this disc so far. I hope it flies as good as it feels. Probably the most comfortable 'in the hand' feel I have ever felt.

400g F3 - The rim is very shallow in depth. I hope its still able to release cleanly. I tried a Sorcerer that has that similar shallow depth rim and hated it because my timing of release was always off.

400 H3 V2 - This is one of the more comfortable distance drivers I've ever held. The rim width is perfectly between a Fairway and a Distance driver. Love the feel of this disc.

750g D3 - Wider rim than expected but very comfortable.

750g D1 - I was expecting something this stable to be very flat. This disc actually has a bit more dome than expected. The disc feels very comfortable in my FH grip which is mostly what I'll be using it for.

400g Plastic - Very grippy yet smooth at the same time. Im excited to see how it performs in wet conditions.

750g Plastic - I was expecting to notice a difference between the 400g and 750g by seeing a stiffer blend in the 750g. I didnt notice a huge difference at all. They felt very similar.

Ill be hopefully heading out soon to test all these in a field. Its a bit tough finding time at the moment with a 2 year old and 1 month old at home. As soon as I get a chance to let these fly, I'll update the thread!

Attachments

• 20181124_194912.jpg
    20181124_194912.jpg
    152.3 KB · Views: 21

Latest posts