• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Tulsa can only play One Course

Aggiepi

I will be in Tulsa for a few days. Can I get some suggestions on what course to play. I will be working mostly but will prob have a 2-3 hour gap one day to play so leaves time for only one (this trip). Thanks in advance

Would like the best kept most challenging and hopefully easy navigation lol

My home courses are Towne Lake in McKinney, TX and Harry Myers in Rockwall.:)

Aggiepi

Mcclure is fun. Redhawk/Blackhawk are awesome but it doesnt look like you have enough time. Dovillo isnt too bad but I would go to Mcclure first. Riverside it pretty much like AC.

thanks for the response. Blackhawk does look like a cool course. Maybe with it being daylight so late I will check it out, if not McClure.

You gotta pay to get into that park so Id save it till you have time to play them both, just to make it worth the money.

They are worth it but need all day as they are long and technical

McClure is easy to follow, 1st tee on east side of rec center. Hole 4, tee on left edge of pic...

statemcclure-61.jpg

cool thanks guys.

Camera guy you should be putting pics up for all the courses in your area ;) some of the ones on here are outdated

McClure is the way to go. Challenging, easy to navigate, well maintained. I think you'll like it.

Yeah guys thanks for the suggestion. I played yesterday and enjoyed the course, very well kept nice big trees to play around and the weather right now is perfect. Although lots of non-golfers there on a Sunday because of weather but its a fun course.

Thanks for the suggestion guys. I played McClure yesterday and really enjoyed the course. The weather is perfect right now and the course is kept very well, with big trees to play around. There were lots of non golfers because Sunday and perfect weather. Will definitely play again

Glad you liked it. Next time you're in the area and have more time go visit The Lodge in Pawhuska, approx 1 hour northwest of Tulsa. 2 courses on the same property. The owners Jim and Deb Taylor are great people.

And the courses are the $hit! Will be there in 10 days and cant wait

Aggiepi, i am going to be playing Hunter park at 8 tomorrow morning if you wanna come out and join me and my GF we can give you a tour. It's my favorite course in Tulsa definitley top 2, in the area has every variety of shot you could ask for. Go to the top parking lot by the playground for the first tee. You can Pm me if you are interested

Thanks for the offer CarRamRod, but I will be working then. That looks like a very cool course also (wish all the pics for courses were done like those). I fear that for a first timer it would be difficult to navigate? And Like I said I usually have a kinda brief window. I travel all over Texas and OK to work so I plan on "Playing them all" lol as I can.

Latest posts