• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Tuned 10 speed drivers are all I need.

You might want to consider keeping a force or hurricaine around for wind and flex shots.
Also, while i do appreciate minimalistic, discraft setups, i dont think the tracker and xpress would be my staples.
Based on the feel of the tracker and xpress id suggest an xl.

i'm with the OP ... i carry a nuke and tracker and reach for the tracker 90% of the time just for controlability. the nuke only comes out when there's a lotta room to move it around.

slower speed, small rim FTW

I wonder if you can actually bend a disc back to its original flight pattern once it has been beaten to the point where it no longer does what it should?

I postulated this in a previous thread. Instead of speed call it skill. Or power, as the number indicates arm and snap required. And I am a consistent 10-11

my discs are officially tuned after they have hit approx 32.5 trees

I can't tell you how many times I hit the Half-trees. They get mad at you though.

benfts - removing flashing and tuning are two different beasts entirely.
jimb - in tuning new discs one is "dialed in" immediately. Of course you keep the seasoned plastics as well, best of both worlds eh?
sloppydisc - i'm rooting for the aliens!
speedly - easy brah, everyone is different AND necessary.
plasticcannon - LMAO!
cradtsman - thanks for the input (force is back in the bag). traker & xpress are my fairway drivers and used least. My 172.5 and 178 Wasps are MONEY! (tuned to fly ANY way I want them to).
blur - we need to party man.
johnnycrunch - I only tune overstable to stable period.
brokensaint - great analogy. The truth will set you free brother and my truth is I ain't be any better than 11 speed foo! Bam!

Anything over speed 9 just sits in the bag for me. If I'm throwing a bunch of fast drivers it usually means the course is boring, wide open, and long. That's not really my cup o tea.

Tuned 10 speed drivers are all I need.
And this Ion, and that's all I need.

jerk1.jpg

I've been having to tune my Pro Valk sometimes to keep it from becoming too flippy McFlipperton.

I've never tried to tune under stable to more stable.
Seems to me it'd be too much of an uphill battle.
The idea behind behind 10/11 speed drivers and tuning (for me) is to achieve the most important skill in disc golf. Consistency. Everyone gets there differently, which makes for good matches in tournaments.

Latest posts