• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Turning Over ???

I often gets confused with this too as I am new to the "lingo", but turning a disc over means that even if you throw a disc with a hyzer tilt it will flatten out then go right (RHBH). basically, the disc goes anny even if you don't throw it that way.

An anny to a roller when you are not trying to do so. Most old DX plastic turns over very fast for me.

More technical help...

A disc is turned over when it flies against the natural angle of the disc. For example, an RHBH thrower has turned a disc over if it flies to the right when released flat. This differs from an anhyzer because of the angle of release. Turnover drives are generally released flat or at a slight angle, whereas an anhyzer is released at a more drastic angle. Ideally, the disc will flex back to the natural fade, creating an S curve. Some curves are more drastic then others. A more under stable disc will turn over harder than an over stable disc. Depending on the shot, a certain type of turnover drive may be required. Lighter discs will turnover much easier than heavier discs. An ideal drive for max distance is usually slightly turned over. Depending on the thrower, many discs can be used for turnover drives.

Thanks....kept reading about throwing a disc untill you start to turn it over then it might be time to move up to a higher speed disc. I had no idea what they were talking about. I was thinking maybe the disc actually flipped over when you threw it.

and when they say "flex" they mean when a disc is thrown with some anny and the disc's characteristics overpower the tilt so that after breaking right it falls back left (RHBH) for a nice S curve.

Way to go Marty, way to get all serious on us, Mr. pro.

When you find a good turnover disc, one that you can control, keep it in your bag for the shots that you want a disc for that reason. I have a great pro leopard that I can make turn over nice and gently for about 300 feet. A very useful shot on many holes.

Latest posts