• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Two Courses in Rolla, MO

nothing got done, they were supposed to have the stump grinder and i dont know why they did not get, that is the only thing that needs to be done is grind the stumps everything else is ready to go

Is there any sort of timeframe as to when this course will be completed? Or is it playable right now?

I heard they were looking at dropping the baskets next week. The course is technically not playable yet. When it first opens, I am pretty sure there won't be much as far as permanent tee signs. The course is very well marked as far as navigating the course. There are tons of signs to point you towards the next hole. It is almost impossible to gt lost out there. I think the tee signs will go in once they decide on permanent tee spots. They will have natural tee pads for a little while till people have played it a bit and given them feedback. Eventually concrete pads should be going in (maybe later this year?). Funds are not an issue...
They really want to knock this out of the park.

from what i have heard the course is playable, but there are a lot of stumps still out there and they dont want to drop the baskets with them still out there, unless they have changed their minds and have decided that they will grind the stumps the next time they get the grinder and drop the baskets anyway, so idk what their plans are as of now, all i know is they dont have all the stumps ground out and the baskets can be dropped anytime, so i wish they will do it soon

Did #14 get thinned out? I've thought about walking back out there to check, but I'm still picking ticks off myself from the last time I walked out there. :eek:

A word to those traveling to play this when it is in: long pants, bug spray, ivy block and other deep woods precautions are advisable here. It's not a big deal if you are prepared. I stopped by to check out the work without taking precautions and paid the price.

i agree with u on that, i havent been back there in a while to get a look at it, i know they are finishing the assembly of the cages, today and do not know if when they are going in, and from what u say yes bring bugspray especially for holes 13-14, there is a nest there some where im sure of it because i will, walk through that course avoiding those holes and only pick 2 or 3 off of me but when i go through those two holes im pulling 10 or more, idk if they are gonna spray those holes or not, either way just to be safe take bug spray till it gets cold

odysseus or three putt, keep me advised via this thread what's going on out there.

i still wanna work on bruce to get the laker league to take a trip out there.

I was planning on talking to Bruce when Lions Club is done. The Lakers move pretty quick once they get an idea, and we have never had a solid date to shoot for so I've seen no reason to get him excited yet. Once there are baskets, I'm pretty sure the Lakers are going to show up whether we want them or not. :p Just kidding, the Lakers are cool...as long as you are not shooting behind them.

I've been trying to get Bob the Wad out here since Ber Juan went in to help me with alt tee ideas, but he hasn't shown much interest up to this point. Actually I never talk to Bob anymore, I talk to Jeff Wulf and Jeff talks to Bob. Anyway, hopefully once the 18 hole course is in Bob and Jeff and whoever else from the Lou will want to head out here and give me some feedback.

I have family in MO. I'm totally gonna have to hit those up. My step-mom's sister and her husband live there.

Are there pics of them up?

No, there are no pics up...as soon as the baskets are dropped I will try to get a course page up and post pics of it.

Don't get me wrong...I am so grateful for Lion's Club putting this course in and all....but man is it getting a little irritating lately not seeing anything get done...especially when it is so close to being completed. Just a little anxious to play it I guess.

I hear you. On the one hand there is a very good course going in and we really didn't have to do anything, so that is super-cool. On the other hand, I'd rather have to do something and have more control over what is going on.

The reality I think is that we are going to operate this way for a long time. The City controls what goes on at Ber Juan and the Lions Club will control what goes on at Lions Club. Both of those entities have rules and regulations that are going to make it very difficult to have the sort of events that other communities have unless one or both of them decide to relax some rules for us. That kind of stinks, but on the other hand it beats driving to Jeff City or putting at trees.

So, the glass is half empty or the glass is half full. Or somebody screwed up and ordered the wrong size glass. It really depends on your perspective. Once the course is open we will forget about the delay in opening pretty quickly.

Yeah...I hear you there. Just so frustrating being so close (it is very playable as is if they just dropped the silly baskets)...but not knowing how much longer the wait will be. By the way the course looks...I'm pretty sure in the end it will be worth the wait.

The baskets are in and the course is playable! There is a preliminary score card and map available on the Rolla Lion's Club Facebook page. I am new to this site, but just thought you all would want to know!!

I was planning on talking to Bruce when Lions Club is done. The Lakers move pretty quick once they get an idea, and we have never had a solid date to shoot for so I've seen no reason to get him excited yet. Once there are baskets, I'm pretty sure the Lakers are going to show up whether we want them or not. :p Just kidding, the Lakers are cool...as long as you are not shooting behind them.

I've been trying to get Bob the Wad out here since Ber Juan went in to help me with alt tee ideas, but he hasn't shown much interest up to this point. Actually I never talk to Bob anymore, I talk to Jeff Wulf and Jeff talks to Bob. Anyway, hopefully once the 18 hole course is in Bob and Jeff and whoever else from the Lou will want to head out here and give me some feedback.

well you know of course about the lakerfest thing they're doing at el shaddai here shortly, so i'd guess it'll be a couple weeks further from that before a trip of this distance is planned.

but either way, i'll probably see bob (or at least jeff) in the next week or so, so i'll re-plant that bug (about coming down for consultation) in his ear if you haven't already on the RCF forums.

well you know of course about the lakerfest thing they're doing at el shaddai here shortly, so i'd guess it'll be a couple weeks further from that before a trip of this distance is planned.

but either way, i'll probably see bob (or at least jeff) in the next week or so, so i'll re-plant that bug (about coming down for consultation) in his ear if you haven't already on the RCF forums.
I still talk to Jeff through email quite a bit. He seemed to want to wait until there was an event with cash to win to head down here. He might have to wait for a long time.

Anyway, the two courses in development have developed.