• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Tyler State Park Redesigned?

It's going to be a new page or page(s) regardless. I have a feeling most will play either the East or West courses so a split listing would make the most sense.

Players will get more rated rounds when they play two 18s versus one 36 in tournaments.

That's what I was thinking... plus I think 99% of people will consider it two courses despite the numbering.

The east west thing started at last years Yetter...that said we voted that that would dummy down the lay of Tyler. As for 1 through 36..just made sense since some holes will cross other old numbers. It's really simple people, and we live here and vote on our way so you can visit and not get frustrated. We aim to please all walks, ages and most definitely our visitors, trust me, the club members that have been here since 1994 are the hardest working and dedicated to our sport. Tyler is awesome. ..this spring. ..whoa.. not for the faint of heart. ..just bring good shoes, water and snacks. It's a pro course so be prepared to be very happy when you make par and bogey...you'll see!

I understand this doesn't really matter at all but strictly from a reviewing standpoint it would be much more simple and helpful for people if it were two separate pages on here. Instead of having to pack 36 holes of info in one review you can break it up and be more detailed and descriptive about each individual 18. I think it would also be helpful for people who perhaps only have time to play one half of the entire course by letting them know which side might be more enjoyable for them.

That being said I'm stoked there's another 9 holes, now if I can just get up there when some of the long holes aren't in the boring short positions.

East...1 through 18, west...19 through 36
East...Blue, west...Red....two seperate courses or one, however you'd like to play them.
in the parking lot there is a very big sign with a map on the back and hole info on the front, as well as a lost disc slot. Go left to hole one(east)...go to the right to hole 19 (old hole one, west). We will have and already do have tons of signs with big arrows and big words saying "next tee".

Sounds like it'll be a split listing then... I'll see if I can get those made later today (I'm assuming all the holes are in place already).

Sounds like it'll be a split listing then... I'll see if I can get those made later today (I'm assuming all the holes are in place already).

They are not. At least seven holes are still "under construction" with no tee pads, signs, or basket. Just flags and maybe a pvc pipe representing the target.

The fairways are cut and baskets are ordered. The six holes will be playable ealy spring and tee pads by summer. Still lots of work to do. The numbering will not effect ratings. I'll try to get Bob to get you the distances of the new six holes once the exact tee locations are set.

In that case I'll hold off on adding the new courses until those last 7 are finished up... unless those are just on the east or west side in which case it could be specified in the course conditions on a new page.

Are the first few holes of each "course" going to be intertwined? e.g., does East go New 1, Old 17, Old 3, Old 4... while West will go Old 1, Old 2, Old 19, Old 20? That's how it was set up for the Yetter last year.

Are the first few holes of each "course" going to be intertwined? e.g., does East go New 1, Old 17, Old 3, Old 4... while West will go Old 1, Old 2, Old 19, Old 20? That's how it was set up for the Yetter last year.

According to the map Optizimo linked to, that appears to be the case. But the holes will be renumbered so East is 1-18 and West is 19-36.

According to the map Optizimo linked to, that appears to be the case. But the holes will be renumbered so East is 1-18 and West is 19-36.

I have a terribly wonderful habit of not being on Facebook, and an equally terribly wonderful habit of ignoring maps that display less than 150x150. Thanks for the clarification.

East is complete, hole one and hole eight are the new ones there, sorry don't have the distances on them. Both have abc positions from one pad. 27 through 32 have no baskets. So as is we have thirty playable holes and as soon as our order gets here the whole course can be played.

Tyler 36

After alot of hard work Tyler State Park is now a 36 hole course! Baskets are all installed and the paths between holes are all done to guide you to next tee. Hope to see you all there!

played the new holes two weeks ago, but baskets had yet to be installed. Tyler is going to be even more of a beast than it already is...when the pins are long, of course. The new holes add a lot of elevation changes and only one more somewhat open hole, with the rest being typical tyler wooded-goodness. I don't think it will be a problem for the courses to quickly rise up the ranks once the original course gets split up on here.

Thanks Timg! Yeah the course is playing good right now. The east 1-18 is at a par 60 while 19-36 is playing a par 59. Plenty of birdie and ace runs at this layout. As always, peeps wanna see C pins....we are very regimented in our layouts for alot of reasons. The great Eastern Ams is May 30th and a slew of events all summer leading to the Eric C. Yetter, a pro only marquee event. The Yetter this year will test the most accurate pros and will reward for smart play....no run and guns...or go ahead and see where that gets you...lol. One more important note, if you start at hole one and work the whole 36, try saving energy for the last nine. Trust me, you need to save your juice because the toughest holes are at the finish, a true test to all athletes. We at BCDGA welcome all to enjoy the best course in the east....bring it!

I'll be there one day this weekend playing the entire layout if anyone wants to play a round with a local. (Not to be taken as some on this board will construe my meaning).

Latest posts