• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

UDisc Pro price tripling

fishEH

Just got the email. Pro is tripling in price to $14.99.
Extra benefits are listed as live scoring for all in your party, and multiple course layouts.
Not sure that makes it 3 times as good....

My gut reaction is this is a money grab plain and simple.

Just got the email. Pro is tripling in price to $14.99.
Extra benefits are listed as live scoring for all in your party, and multiple course layouts.
Not sure that makes it 3 times as good....

My gut reaction is this is a money grab plain and simple.

...and I'm sure that live scoring is only available if everyone in your group has paid the exorbitant price for Udisc.
Fully agree its a money grab.

I've been messaging theme about live casual scoring for a long time. If the live casual scoring requires everyone to be paid up, that will NOT be a good thing. I also wonder how this is going to affect PDGA members, since it's included with the membership currently. :popcorn:

Ok so it's just over a dollar a month instead of like $0.30

Call me when there's relevant news

I knew there'd be these kind of answers, and that's ok. In my opinion a company tripling the price of it service with essentially no justification or real added value is pretty relevant. If Discraft were to start charging $60 a disc next month for the same disc that cost $20 this month, would that be relevant?

In the grand scheme of things an extra $0.82 per month isn't going to bankrupt me. I just dislike shady/greedy behavior by companies.
I'll probably re-up for $5 which will buy me another 6 months and get me through till this time next year. By that time maybe there will be some competition.

Last edited:
Idk, the location-based shot counting and the upcoming ability to mix and match layouts seem like pretty big breakthroughs that probably took a lot of programming firepower to make happen.

The service offers me absolutely nothing I desire. Honestly, having any need for a phone on a disc golf course seems laughable.

My erasable scorecard works well enough for my needs. If playing a tournament, odds are good that at least one person is set up to use it for score keeping. If nobody in the group has it, we use a paper scorecard like they've been doing since the early days of the sport. Not my worry if someone can't follow the live scoring on our card.

The ONLY thing I really like about UDisc is the in round navigation. It is by far the best tool I've used to find our way around a course you've ever played before, which makes it valuable to DG road trippers.

It has other features, but personally, I don't give a rat's derriere about them.

Do I pay $15/yr or...

Go back to printing out maps on DGCR, fold it up, stick it in my bag, and pull it out a few times a round.

...then repeat for 2nd and maybe 3rd course that day? :\

If Tim could hook us up with on course navigation, I'd much rather send him my money. If that's not an option, even as stingy as I am with a buck, $15/is probs worth it to this travelling player.

Navigation is nice. Tracking stats is nice.

The new features don't mean much to me.

The "money grab" seems kind of funny. How much do you think the people at UDisc are banking?

Navigation is nice. Tracking stats is nice.

The new features don't mean much to me.

The "money grab" seems kind of funny. How much do you think the people at UDisc are banking?

I'd venture to say a fair amount. UDisc is "included" for the 70,000 PDGA members, plus all the other non-PDGA users. Android says over 500,000 downloads, plus Apple users. Let's say another 200,000 of those are UDiscPro accounts. Yeah, it adds up quickly. Now triple it.
I don't blame them for making money, but this seems like a page from a pharmaceutical company's playbook.

Latest posts