• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

UDisc putting practice

Halbrust

Does anyone use the putting practice portion of UDisc?
I'm guessing it's really just a tracking tool so you can see how your putting has improved over time.

I've tried it out along with other putting games but I feel like taking the time to measure distances, crunch numbers, or make notes on my phone hurts my practice session. If I'm putting aside a block of my day to improve my game I want to put in as many throws as possible. Breaking my focus for the sake of collecting data isn't worth it for me.

I've done it, but it basically confirms what I already know. I've gotten pretty decent in C1, abjectly terrible in C2.

Also, these folks logging perfect scores all the time are lying. No way people are knocking down 5 putts from 44, 55, 66 in succession on the reg.

I don't have anywhere near enough space to use the UDisc system. I can only go to 20ft in my basement, maybe 25ft if I want to worry about breaking things. In my yard I can get just past circles edge. So, I've made my own spreadsheet and am tracking my progress that way, making 100 putts from 15ft of 20ft for the last few weeks, and for the rest of the winter. Maybe if by the end of the winter I'm 90%+ at 20ft consistently (Barely pushing 70% right now, and that's inside with no wind or weather to deal with) I'll push back to 25ft, but I don't see the need to practice putts I'm going to miss the vast majority of the time. Seems counter intuitive and like it will just tank my confidence.

Well, I have prepared to use it and the Perfect Putt 360 app. I made a rope and marked out the distances for each app with color-coded tape. To be fair, I haven't used my practice basket after the first I got it, but I did break it out today and went to the local park [since the weather was agreeable].

I do want to use them [more the Perfect Putt 360 app] to solidify my putting this year.

My straddle putts have always been weaker than my regular putts. I normally do a staggered stance and rock my weight from one foot to the other, but when vegetation forces me into a straddle situation, it's always been a disadvantage in my game where I can't do that.

So this winter with my basket in the basement (I'm blessed with a bunch of space), I have the PP360 distances marked off and I'm playing a game almost every day. For the ten putts at each station, the first five are my normal staggered stance putts and the second five are straddle putts.

After 14 games so far I've noticed a big improvement already with my straddle putts.

I like the point system in PP360. It places added pressure on the first and last at each station for bonuses. Since putts #6-#10 are straddle putts, I'm rewarded with a few more bonus points on that #10, giving me added focus. It's working. I wasn't getting enough pop on the spin of the putter prior to now, plus I'm getting better at focusing on my hand going straight up the pole. It's helping me to cement the muscle memory in place. No, I'm not great at using my knees for this (ala Keven Jones) but my 25-30' straddle putts are much stronger and deadlier than they were before. Hooray! I know for sure I missed two 20-foot straddle putts this past season in sanctioned tournaments that I likely wouldn't miss now.

Been working my up shots and putting as well.

Figured out I straddle putt better out to about 20'. Beyond that I struggle to get the disc to the basket. Then it is the staggered putt.

They ignored my message about 33 feet being outside circle one and 66 feet being outside circle two. Please #growthesport with correct info!

This is cool. For putting it would be nice if could set the amount of throws at each zone so that I could match my stack of discs but regardless going to use this today!

They ignored my message about 33 feet being outside circle one and 66 feet being outside circle two. Please #growthesport with correct info!

It's like....less than 3 inches outside the circle isn't it? It's 10 meters right?

Last edited:

Latest posts