• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Ulibarri Displays True Sportsmanship

FWIW I watched Paul get a "freebie" in a similar situation this weekend at a local B tier in Arizona.

Scenario: Paul went into a playoff with another guy. They both birdie hole one. Both throw drives on hole two and leave themselves an upshot. Paul tosses first and leave about 12 feet. The other guy tosses and leaves himself about 10 feet. Paul putts for par and the disc hits chains and spits out. He cleans up his 4 and leaves the stage for the other player for the win. The other player reaches out and tosses his disc in the dirt (crowd cheers). He drops in for a 4 and they both bogey. They move on to hole 3 and drive. Paul goes a bit long and the other player parks his shot. Paul makes a run at it, but his disc goes by and down a gulley. He then takes another run at it and misses. The other guys now lays up and drops in for a 3 and the win. Paul had the "favor" returned to him but this time the guy doing the favor won in the end.

It was interesting to watch and it stirred up a lot of conversation. Some people knew Paul had done this in the past while others didn't. Some thought it was OK since the spit was on a temp basket and others said they would have taken the win right then. I won't say what I think (either way), but it was fun to watch.

OH boy!!! Thumber has a dog in this fight now. I better run skeered!!

Someone with an opinion differing from the masses= troll

No someone repeatedly stating a countering opinion in order to generate an argument is a troll

LMAO that you equate what you are doing here to the founding of America

So your opinions wrong then.:|

Will he tell me to miss my putt so he can win instead of me? I might agree if he splits the money with me...

:popcorn:

apparently my opinion is in the majority, which is really all that matters in arguments such as this :thmbup:

No someone repeatedly stating a countering opinion in order to generate an argument is a troll

LMAO that you equate what you are doing here to the founding of America

Funny like a fart in the wind you blow into this thread and start calling people names out of the blue. I have learned my lesson though, I will never dare to dissagree with you again, you are right buddy as usual!!

apparently my opinion is in the majority, which is really all that matters in arguments such as this :thmbup:

You have jumped on board with everybody else, good job boy!! Way to blend in and not make anyone else get mad at you.

I didn't read the whole thread but I have hung out with Paul on a few occasions and I can say that he has always been a stand up guy. I wasn't surprised at all when I heard this. The fact is that all those guys at the top of the sport are together often enough that they are friends and sportsmanship is important. I think Paul set a great example of sportsmanship and good will that clearly everyone noticed.

I too have hung out with him and felt that he was a stand up guy who represented the game well. Very informative and supportive of newer players or those looking to seek out some tips.

I have been a TD and certified official since 89. I never penalize the player for faulty equipment. If the disc falls from the bottom of the basket it is not the players fault and should be counted as good. Paul displayed class for sure but if i were the TD or an official I would have counted the putt as good.
The basket all had a flaw in the beginning where a putt would either go through a side or the bottom. All the early baskets had this flaw. I was the head touring official in those early days and never faulted or penalized a player for this. The equipment should never faullt the player. In the earlier days there were several cases of this happening. I never penalized the players for faulty equipment EVER. Its just not right if it falls through the bottom its a completed hole and the putt is good.

People need to learn to read opinions of others that are different from their own and not get all pissy about it.

I have been a TD and certified official since 89. I never penalize the player for faulty equipment. If the disc falls from the bottom of the basket it is not the players fault and should be counted as good. Paul displayed class for sure but if i were the TD or an official I would have counted the putt as good.
The basket all had a flaw in the beginning where a putt would either go through a side or the bottom. All the early baskets had this flaw. I was the head touring official in those early days and never faulted or penalized a player for this. The equipment should never faullt the player. In the earlier days there were several cases of this happening. I never penalized the players for faulty equipment EVER. Its just not right if it falls through the bottom its a completed hole and the putt is good.
As a TD do you enforce the 2 meter rule?

There are guys making good points about agreeing with what Paul did. I appreciate a good debate. Its nice when peoples hurt feelings arent in the way of what they have to say.

Funny like a fart in the wind you blow into this thread and start calling people names out of the blue. I have learned my lesson though, I will never dare to dissagree with you again, you are right buddy as usual!!

You have jumped on board with everybody else, good job boy!! Way to blend in and not make anyone else get mad at you.

WTF are you talking about? I stated my opinion about this way way back in the thread.

Unlike you I don't feel the need to look for a fight by resurrecting a thread that was effectively dead and stating opinions designed to inflame and cause an argument.

Now where is that ignore feature again?

Latest posts