• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Ultimate Wishlist

DirtyMittenDG

Double Eagle Member
Gold level trusted reviewer
Alright im trying to make the best course wishlist possible. So far I have 420 courses in every state. I think its pretty dang close, but can anyone please tell me if im missing any important courses from there state? Or if I have any not worthy of "the ultimate wishlist"? (besides michigan) Wishlist

dretzka park and brown deer are missing from WI

In Ohio I would suggest adding Lobdell Reserve to the list.

If you go to Charlotte NC and play Renny and don't stop and play Hornet's Nest you have missed a lot.

You did a good job in VA but don't skip New Quarter in Williamsburg.

You showed good sense on your choices in Washington State but don't skip Downriver in Spokane. You will miss an experience playing down in the canyon and along the river that is one of a kind.

In MD, add Seneca Creek State Park and Patapsco -- two awesome courses and shouldn't be missed on any list.

In DE, you can drop Bellevue and Lum's Pond

In PA, add Unami Creek (9 hole), Whispering Falls, Codorus, Quaker's Challenge, and Lehigh Valley

In TN, I don't know how you missed Cedar Hill, but it's awesome.

In TX, add East Metro -- best course in the state; also add Williamson County, Veteran's Park, and Z-Boaz.

In VA, you've got a bunch of courses that don't deserve being on the wish list: cut Pohick Bay, Bull Run, Burke Lake, Gillies Creek and Newport News. On the other hand, you should add New Quarter, Dorey, Giles Run and Hawk Hollow.

what standard are you using for your list?

in virginia you need to add new quarter, hawk hollow, sontag, and giles run and get rid of burke lake, pohick, bull run, ballou, peaks view, and emory and henry.

in maryland you need to add seneca, patapsco, and rockburn and get rid of scarboro hills.

add earlewood and winthrop in south carolina, add hornets nest in north carolina.

in minnesota: kaposia and hyland are great courses, provided you have the stamina, both very long and one hole at hyland involves walking straight up a ski hill

in wisconsin: throw on wakanda park, its very fun to play at anytime

I see you only have Beaver Brook for Maine. While Beaver is the oldest course in Maine, is extremely short, lacks alot of amenities, and isnt maintained very well these days.

Still a fun technical course to play, but there are many much nicer courses than Beaver up here

For Illinois:
I would drop Central Park (Grayslake), Haine's Wayside Park, Keller Park, Nims Park (all holes between 60 and 160 ft), Warren Township, and Woodlands.

I would also say probably remove Campton Hills, Sergeant Means Park and Shorewood Park as well. They are fun parks but would not say trip worthy.

The Central Park that was mention a couple times recently was Central Park (Oakbrook) but would say it's the fun not tripworthy list. Community Park is Channahon I would play in the Joliet area before Shorewood, Haine's and Trinity Links which was not on you list. Highland and West Park were definitely the first two to play in the area.

Look into Anna Page East and West, Sinnissippi Park, McNaughton Park, Northwood Park, Foundation Park, Camden Park, and Douglas Park.

Minneasota - Kaposia Park and Acorn Park are my suggestion from what I played.

Indiana - you missed the four 18 holes that are Lemon Lake.

Wisconsin - any of the 3 courses in the Madison area are worth playing as well.

For Illinois add
The Oaks in Monkena
McNaughton Park in Pekin
Foundation Park DG Complex - Champ 18 in Centrailia

If you ever make it to Vienna or Parmalee in MI, hit me up as a guide. Parmalee is short and technical, while Vienna is a good mix. Bring bug spray for both.

For Great Blue Heron in OH, you'll DEFINITELY need a guide, or a REALLY good map. The layout is rather confusing, but it's a nice course.

In MD, add Seneca Creek State Park and Patapsco -- two awesome courses and shouldn't be missed on any list.

In DE, you can drop Bellevue and Lum's Pond

In PA, add Unami Creek (9 hole), Whispering Falls, Codorus, Quaker's Challenge, and Lehigh Valley

In TN, I don't know how you missed Cedar Hill, but it's awesome.

In TX, add East Metro -- best course in the state; also add Williamson County, Veteran's Park, and Z-Boaz.

In VA, you've got a bunch of courses that don't deserve being on the wish list: cut Pohick Bay, Bull Run, Burke Lake, Gillies Creek and Newport News. On the other hand, you should add New Quarter, Dorey, Giles Run and Hawk Hollow.

I did not suggest Gillies because it is in a rough neighborhood. We had a DGer get jumped there about 3 months ago who was playing by himself.

As for Newport News it is not the toughest course when whites are played, however play the golds and hold on. There are actually 4 tees on every hole. The blues are very short and are marked but are only used when we play red, white, and blue. The golds, which are rubber mats, will get anyones attention. You will need to have someone show you where they are.

In Wisconsin, you can drop Valley View...it was never great, but it's definitely not the course it used to be. You do NEED to add the course at UW-Parkside however...that course is really cool.

the funny thing about gillies is the area surrounding the course has actually gotten better since it was installed but incidents have increased. (it is where i started playing in the mid 90's when richmond was the murder capital of the nation.)

Latest posts