• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Um, Maybe the most UNIQUE prep?

I once came across a guy in tournament play who would get himself into this hunched over position like Gollum and gently caress his disc and whisper to it for about a minute each time he stepped up to the tee pad. It was kind of hilarious but when I smirked at him after the second time I saw him he gave me this evil look like I was trying to steal the "One" ring from him! It was quite amusing... weirdest pre-drive routine i think i've witnessed in person.

Merged threads with a really old thread with a really great video.

Oddest one I ever ran across was a couple of years ago. This guy was literally doing a dance before he teed off. He was turning circles, bending over and almost touching the ground while he was "dancing."... really wierd. Like he was doing some sort of crazy Drive Dance to the Disc Golf Gods. He actually threw pretty well I must say.
Was he at Lion's Park down in Shakopee? I think I've seen him before as well. He also has the strangest putting stance I've seen. He uses a straddle stance but faces one foot forward and one backwards.

Was he at Lion's Park down in Shakopee? I think I've seen him before as well. He also has the strangest putting stance I've seen. He uses a straddle stance but faces one foot forward and one backwards.

Bassett Creek in Crystal.

Can't see the vid @ work, but I've seen him on an older USDGC vid.

Same thing...HAHAHAHA...dam, nice. Somebody standing by the camera did a Gollum impersonation during it.

It makes me think of the guy from one of the ball golf majors last year, that kept stopping in his backswing and restarting his pre-shot. He was in contention for the first couple days, but was taking so much crap for the balking, that they "put him on the clock," and he fell away.

Guys on his card were turning their backs on him while he was on the tee, because it was so jerky, so gut-wrenching to watch, probably blowing their flow.

Fully commited to the routine!

Can't see the vid @ work, but I've seen him on an older USDGC vid.

Same thing...HAHAHAHA...dam, nice. Somebody standing by the camera did a Gollum impersonation during it.

It makes me think of the guy from one of the ball golf majors last year, that kept stopping in his backswing and restarting his pre-shot. He was in contention for the first couple days, but was taking so much crap for the balking, that they "put him on the clock," and he fell away.

Guys on his card were turning their backs on him while he was on the tee, because it was so jerky, so gut-wrenching to watch, probably blowing their flow.
That was my video ('09 USDGC http://youtu.be/ErHrLCtOKM0). I wanted to film Steve Rico & Brad was on the same card. The first time I saw his routine I thought he was trying to take his shirt off or something :confused: LOL You can see early in my video clip that he starts into his 'act' but has to stop because of pedestrians. You could see him fully in the zone but then he has to snap out of it and wait for the people to clear the path. Then he starts right back up again afterwards. Hilarious but a PITA to film. After a few holes I was able to get his routine down (since it never really changes or gets any shorter lol) & I was able to click the 'record' button at the right time, each time.
Respectfully (I think?) nobody else in the group said anything about it or looked weird or anything! They didnt watch him too much but it didnt seem to bother them either so...
Plus the dude can play! He is an excellent player who I hope to film again!

Respectfully (I think?) nobody else in the group said anything about it or looked weird or anything! They didnt watch him too much but it didnt seem to bother them either so...
Plus the dude can play! He is an excellent player who I hope to film again!

Well I guess most of the players who have been around awhile know him and how well he can play. So they say nothing.

that routine still looks mighty strange though.

That was my video

Off topic but, what is up with hole 13? You drive down the whole length of a parking lot and then over the street? That to me has disaster written all over it when new players are out. I'd never park my car near there.

I think just the thought of grip locking one into the parking lot would cause me to have a bad drive and actually do it lol.

Off topic but, what is up with hole 13? You drive down the whole length of a parking lot and then over the street? That to me has disaster written all over it when new players are out. I'd never park my car near there.

I think just the thought of grip locking one into the parking lot would cause me to have a bad drive and actually do it lol.

The Winthrop Gold layout is quasi-temp set up. I've not gone to Lakefront for a while, and I've heard that the gold layout is now more or less playable year round, but historically, that hole only exists during the USDGC.

And you're talking about "888," it's kind of a famous hole. Or, infamous.

Haven't developed any strange twitches that I know of yet.... but then I've only been playing 4 months. :\

Come to think of it I have emulated Hammock's dance routine on a few occasions... they always involved an Orb Weavers web though. :p

Seriously, Hammock's credentials speak for themselves.

Reminds me of a girl my daughter played basket ball with. She has this little ritual she would go threw before every shot when she went to the free throw line. I dubbed it 'Abby's Chicken Dance'... she could could shoot the lights out. :hfive:

Try following Geoff Bennett around the course on tournament day. That will make you want to gouge out your eye balls and cut off your hands so you can't play anymore.

42 second mark....
and
2:53 mark
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UxmGoUGjmNg

I've watched Geoff Bennett videos and Brad Hammock videos.
I'm with SpikeHyzer on this one.

Also, props to Brad on that USDGC video. He was very supportive and encouraging to everyone on the card.

So? It took him 20 secs----faster than 90% of you pokey lil' puppies. Meanwhile, it was entertaining to watch---compared to you Sergio Garcia-I'm-going-to-wiggle-for-a-while-here types.

^^^Talking 'bout the Hammock video on post #76.

Bennett, meanwhile, is the Hypnotoad of disc golf.

Last edited:
Try following Geoff Bennett around the course on tournament day. That will make you want to gouge out your eye balls and cut off your hands so you can't play anymore.

42 second mark....
and
2:53 mark
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UxmGoUGjmNg

I've watched Geoff Bennett videos and Brad Hammock videos.
I'm with SpikeHyzer on this one.

Also, props to Brad on that USDGC video. He was very supportive and encouraging to everyone on the card.

This is a man who knows how to use his full 30 seconds.

WOW!!! :sick: That was painful. I actually found myself looking at the ads, etc. on the page to avoid actually having to wait through the process. And the worst part is, the putt really wasn't even close to going in. If it had gone in, that would have at least made me feel a little better about it. And I'm not passing judgement on his skills. That really is just painful to watch.

My God I thought the tee shot was bad until I saw his prep for a jump putt. GOOD GRIEF!!!

That was hilarious, there is no way I could keep from laughing if I saw that in person. It looked like he thought his disc was a shakeweight.

Latest posts