• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

UnCalled For Foot Fault

Are we sure that the guy calling the violations isn't in the right? Foot faults are the hardest piece of the game to self-realize when you violate them.

Sorry, anyone who calls a violation is a rules nazi and is only doing it to be a jerk. Pay attention.

Wysocki putts like this and is totally legal. As long as you don't cross the perpendicular

I'm pretty sure he line isn't perpendicular. Your foot can't get any closer to the basket than the mini, but because you're in a straddle the distance from your mini to the basket would actually be further forward on your other foot. Hard to explain, but there's a pic explaining it somewhere around DGCR.

Just approach the dude and tell him it's sorta a dick move what he's doing. He might realize the error of his ways and stop, if not, use the rule book.

Unless I was playing a league match / tourney / for money I could care less about a little foot fault. My girlfriend would kick me in the nads If I called her on a footfault, which she happens to do every throw :doh:

Unless I was playing a league match / tourney / for money I could care less about a little foot fault. My girlfriend would kick me in the nads If I called her on a footfault, which she happens to do every throw :doh:

Definitely call her on a courtesy violation if she kicks you in the nads.

And a foot fault, since her foot would come into contact with your 'mini'.

If you're playing a round with this guy and a newb, call him out on his bs. You can make sure that no one seconds him.

One thing I started doing with a guy around here was that any time I had a precarious lie on a putt, I'd line up (most likely in a straddle stance), and as I'm going into my routine I'd ask the group "Fair stance?" or "legal stance?" Once I had confirmation it was virtually impossible for me to be called on a fault if my feet didn't move from then, during my putt, and even beyond the 2-second count after my putt.

Realizing later that this was a smart idea, I do it quite often on stand still stances and putts.

Yea this guy also warns that he will time you when you get up to your disc if he doesnt like you, and Ive seen him almost call a courtesy violation on someone for trying to get their disc out of a tree during somebody elses turn. He more or less doesnt like it when people beat him and when they start to he looks for ways to make himself not lose.

And for the talk on weather he is in the right for calling foot faults I have no clue. When I have seen him do them and when I was called on it I was just putting behind my mini in the open with no obstacles around to make me change my stance. So I guess there would be a chance that my foot could be a millimeter off the line.

And he is also someone who has been playing for quite a while so he does know the rules and understands them. He definately does it to get in your head.

Next time you play in a tourney with him, ask the TD to clarify the rule before the round.

Bing bang.

Tell everybody were playing casual and he can take his calls to the tourneys! He sounds like a dick and is doing it to help himself play better. Just ostrich-size him and don't play with or invite him in your reindeer games! Maybe he will get the hint.

Maybe a mention the the td and a warning to his card mates. What else can be done, some people don't care about how their actions are perceived. I'd imagine he is living in moms basement watching Star Trek episodes in women's panties. Clearly he has no friends.

I'm pretty sure Sir Puttsalot is the person that is causing dismay at Horseman's tourneys/leagues

Mario Party 4 player mini games are designed to have a winner-take-all, every-man-for-himself mentality. 3 players working together to **** another player is not against the rules but is of questionable morality. aka gamesmanship

The PDGA rules say they must be a clear violation. Not "go ahead and call anything you want"

I agree with everything ^^^.

Op, my bad. Kick me in the nads.

I would laugh in this dudes face. if he kept doing it i would probably not elect to take the high road and handle it myself. odds r he would probly shut his mouth once he realized no one else on the card was on his side and maybe urinate himself from the brutal embarassment

Tell everybody were playing casual and he can take his calls to the tourneys! He sounds like a dick and is doing it to help himself play better. Just ostrich-size him and don't play with or invite him in your reindeer games! Maybe he will get the hint.

Well the only time I do play with him is in tournies since I have no control over who I get to play with, and I would never think about playing a casual round with him.

Latest posts