• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Question] "Unconventional" uses for discs

I eat off a zephyr when I go backpacking, makes a great plate, a nice catch disc around camp or a fun safari round disc through the woods.

I am going to use a disc to make a press mold and cast a glass disc some time. I kind of want to see if it will fly. Also I might try to make glass mini discs.

I just played the toboggan course at Kensington yesterday and I LOVE my Epic on that course for huge sky rollers thumbers!! One of the funnest discs to throw when you've head room for bombs!! And then I have my Buzzbee, if you know about them, then you know what "utility" that is used for!
I have an epic and this might sound crazy but I throw it with a rhbh anhyzer and will go straight. Also it skips ridiculously.

I was in the middle of a round with my friend Derek at Whittier Narrows in sweltering South El Monte a few summers ago when out of nowhere this tiny little Jack Russell mixed puppy came up to us, desperately thirsty and abandonded. He drank some water out of my overturned Nuke. Of course we named him Nuke. He's doing great now. If I could figure out how to attach a pic from my iPad to a DGCR post, I'd show him now.:doh:
Cool. We took home an abandoned dog, she is a Jack Russell mix as well. She's such a sweet dog I can't believe anybody got rid of her.

Do you do this?

I just got an opto trident, and this thing is a beast for fh rollers. I think it's the wide diameter, thick rim, and gummy/stiff plastic.
I used to use an avenger ss for forehands and fh rollers, but this might take over.

I also use my fuse and zone for farther putts sometimes, seems ok as long as you don't blow by the basket too far.

And I used to use my sidewinder for fairway duties but I might go back to teebirds and eagles.

I'm thinking there are a lot of weird discs used for thumbers, and I still need to test this, but my thumbers are terrible.

Can someone explain to me the "gummy/stiff plastic" please?

I straddle putt with Wizards, but if obstacles demand getting around something and then a huge fade back to the basket I'll straddle putt with a beaded Gator instead; it feels very similar to a Wizard.

I straddle putt with Wizards, but if obstacles demand getting around something and then a huge fade back to the basket I'll straddle putt with a beaded Gator instead; it feels very similar to a Wizard.
I also straddle putt quite ofte, either with an eraser Wizard, a proto PA1 or a premimum jOKERI.
If I have a long uphill putt, I will straddle putt with my half way beat in M5. It keeps a flat plane for the steep angle of release. If it is just long and with a low ceiling, I might use my Alias for the same reason. The Alias feels similar to a putter anyway, it just flies longer.

Last edited:
1 word..... platebee!

viva las platebee
???
063386.jpg

???

Latest posts