• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Under Armour Backpack

No kidding? I've had all sorts of problems with snow coming in the main compartment if I don't set my bag down super light or at an angle with it leaning back.

Oh yeah, snow WILL get in the main compartment for sure. After my round, I just pick up the bag, flip it over and shake it out. Hasn't been a problem for me so far.

I'd rather have easy access to my discs over 18+ holes than have a little snow in the main compartment.

/thread drift

The bag handled the round great. Minimal dirt on the bottom. It's polyester so at least it cleans very easily. It just took a quick towel wipe and it was back to normal. It's extremely comfortable to walk around with. Also very stable standing on its own. It's a little foward heavy but not an issue if it's a flat ground. If it's a bit of an incline you just need to make sure you set it down facing the right direction, no biggie.

Every disc came out very easily. The handle on top held up well for short carries. Once it gets hotter, I think I'll be happier with how lightweight it is. The side mesh pocket carried by big tri-fold Huk Lab towel easily and a water bottle on the other side (I could have fit two bottle in there, honestly). The one open pocket in the second picture fit my wallet, keys, cell phone, mini, pencils, sharpie, and I still had two unused pockets. The other side had two extra discs, my hand powder and a can of bug spray, with room left over in there too.

Overall, I love it. I think I'm sticking with this bag for quite awhile and playing around with how I set it up. I'm building a better putter quiver for the top, I'll post pictures when I can to show you how I did it. Pretty ingenious, if I do say so myself.

Attachments

• WP_001148.jpg
    WP_001148.jpg
    145.3 KB · Views: 209
  • WP_001149.jpg
    WP_001149.jpg
    71.3 KB · Views: 210
  • WP_001152.jpg
    WP_001152.jpg
    127.3 KB · Views: 189
The cheapest I could find them was about 100 bucks...and I'm still considering it. That bag looks nice!

These are cool as hell...but also OOP?

That sucks

Yeah, unfortunately it seems to be a "find it where you can" bag. I got lucky and found one for cheap(er). Not sure if they'll start getting cheaper as they get older. The only real benefit is it's not a store specific bag like Cabelas. As soon as someone drops the price you can argue a price match with another site. Might even be able to argue that now even though ebags is out of stock. At some point stores would rather sell it for $60 than let it collect dust.

Also, one of the cool things about this bag is that it came with like a mini dirty clothes drawstring bag (since it's a gym bag by design). But the drawstring bag hooked onto a loop up top inside. I can attach my towel and it stays hooked onto the bag and completely out of the way inside the main compartment.

Attachments

• WP_001153.jpg
    WP_001153.jpg
    82.1 KB · Views: 106
  • WP_001154.jpg
    WP_001154.jpg
    57.8 KB · Views: 116
I bought a top quality bag for 47 bucks to replace my cabelas diy.

It is a mother ship size tackle bag...gotta see if I'm gonna use it.
Storage volume is ludicrous. And yes oop as well

PicsArt_1360129409840.jpg

Last edited:
If I have to camp at a teepad...I suppose it's just right.

I jammed 24 in the lower compartment (blend of mids and drivers). No issues, coulda got a couple more in.

I am guessing you could get nearly 50 discs in this and still have storage space for Jackets and such.

I couldn't pass a 900 denier, rubberized bottom, rain fly bag for that cheap.
It'll make a great tourney bag, but casual rounds are likely out.

It's called an openwater ranger if anyone is crazy enough to want a garage mahal. They can be found brand new on eBay for like 110 but have been oop for a while now.

Also: I haven't framed this up or seen how it will work in the field...so take that into account as well

Will do, sir.

I just haven't had the will to wanna carry it in casual rounds, so haven't worked on it since I got it. I am trying to decide on upper or lower compartment being main disc holder. You could easily get 34 discs in it without touching the main top storage (just using main lower and lower side pockets). Might put a full frame and seat too.

There are a ton of tackle bags that have a similar layout to the cabelas bag (rectangular tackle boxes with triangular or rectangular top compartment).

Search "tackle backpack"

There are a ton of tackle bags that have a similar layout to the cabelas bag (rectangular tackle boxes with triangular or rectangular top compartment).

Search "tackle backpack"

It's not easy. This is a common issue:
I posted about it in the Cabela's thread. Even had some pictures. The problem with that bag is it's only about 7" deep. The discs go in, but poke out the front pretty badly. It's useable, but you'd have to build a frame with a back, otherwise the discs bulge into the back padding and it's uncomfortable.

Bummer, I had a feeling this was the case. I think I am just going to make my life easy and order the new smaller prodiscus backpack when it comes out. Unless I find a Cabelas bag thats in stock or did they go OOP?

Bummer, I had a feeling this was the case. I think I am just going to make my life easy and order the new smaller prodiscus backpack when it comes out. Unless I find a Cabelas bag thats in stock or did they go OOP?

Cabela's is OOP. But there are still some floating around if you care to look. It would take some legwork to find one, though.

KEY POINT FOR ANYONE INTERESTED:

Look at what size tackle boxes a tackle backpack uses. 3600 series tackle boxes at just over 7" deep. 3700 series tackle boxes are just over 9" deep (Cabela's uses 3700)

Last edited: