• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Understable Discs

Meast918

Bogey Member
I was going through my bag today to reevaluate what I am throwing and what I might need to get for a better well rounded bag. I noticed that I have no understable drivers. So I am currently looking at either Roadrunners or Sidewinders and was curious for what other people thought?

Drivers thrown Currently:
175 Wraiths--Pro
175 Destroyers--Pro, Star
175 Firebirds Star, 11x Champion

I really like the sidewinder. You can also throw the Valkyerie on an anhyzer and it will hold a good understable line.

I loved my Sidewinder before I lost it. If you can throw the discs that you have now there, just keep beating them in and you will have something understable soon enough. I have a Destroyer in DX plastic that went super flippy on me in a week. If you really think that you need to go buy something and you are throwing the discs you have well, you are going to want to get a Monarch.

I used to throw my Sidewinder a lot when I first started playing but I tend to throw more stable or overstable drivers like the Valk or tee rex. the Sidwinder is good for long turnover shots and tight faiways. Good choice with the roadrunner, I can throw that 300 feet anhyzer, plus I think it handles wind a little better. One thing I found is with the grooves in the Groove and the Monarch is that they are more sensitive to wind. I don't know what you are looking for the disc to do, but you can't go wrong with either of those.

I say if you can toss the discs you throw with good power a champ valk would do good. that was a good understable disc with a little tunin

Yea I can throw both the wraith and destroyer around 300 to 350 fairly consistently, so the valk may be an option

Hmm, yeah if I were you I'd get a Champ Valk, wear it in hardcore and if that aint quite understable enough I'd go for a sidewinder. My roadrunner doesn't like me. Valks are cool regardless.

I love the glide of the roadrunner, but sometimes it likes to fade back. I use the Monarch in 155 weight. When you put an anny line on it, it just keeps going.

I would have said wraith but....I guess I say sidewinder. Thats what I used before the wraith. TL's are good too

Roadrunner
Sidewinder
Avenger SS
XS
JLS
Monarch
Some suggestions listed above. Just buy one of the ones mentioned and wear it in. you should be able to throw any of the above. My personal fave is the Avenger SS. I would probably suggest the Monarch for the best distance, the Roadrunner for the most turn.

For understable I carry a 1st run boss, a champ beast, and a beat up champ teebird. I'd also recommend a valkyrie and a leopard...I just took both of those out of my bag to trim it down some.

My friends can get more anny out of a Roadrunner, but the Sidewinder is a close second. For anhyzer shots I would go 1) Roadrunner, 2) Monarch, 3) Sidewinder, and 4) Valkyrie. You can't really go wrong with any of these. Check out the disc charts on Innova's website. They depict the flight pattern of all these discs.

Latest posts