• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Unity's Bag

jdggna

Double Eagle Member
My 2010 line up:

[2] Ions
[3] Buzzzes
[5] PDs
[2] Destroyers

Ions:
Putts and Approaches, usually 200' and in. I'll drive with them on holes under 250' but don't feel comfortable with an approach from that far.

Buzzzes:
Two 177g Glo Z Buzzzes that I throw for shots 300' or less. I just grab one at random so they stay about the same stability.
One 177g opaque Elite Z that is 2.5 years old. I use this one for shots that I need to turn over and approaches just outside of Ion range.

PDs:
One 166g P-PD that I throw for max distance with a tailwind or calm conditions. Once it is beat I'll replace it with something heavier and use it for rollers.
Two 172g S-PDs that I use as my primary driver for holes 300 to 400 feet for backhand and 250 to 350 feet forehand.
Two 175g C-PDs for headwind and left to right wind drives over 280 to 350 feet. Forehand hyzers, hooks, and skips for 250 to 350 feet.

Destroyers:
One 169g Pro for forehand tailwind max distance drives. I'm working on developing comfort with it for low line 350 to 400 foot backhands.
One 172g Pro for forehand drives over 350 feet.

I'm currently planning on adding a 172g P-PD to replace my 166g P-PD once it is thrashed and a 172g Star Destroyer to be my primary forehand distance driver.

It has taken me a while to form this bag, which I'm more content with than I ever was in the past, but I'm entertain any/all comments and suggestions.

Guess I shouldn't have copied/pasted so much...title should read jdggna's bag...

Updated:

[3] Ions
[3] Buzzzes
[6] PDs
[2] Destroyers

Ions:
Putts and Approaches, usually 200' and in. I'll drive with them on holes under 250' but don't feel comfortable with an approach from that far. I just picked up another one to practice with.

Buzzzes:
Two 177g Glo Z Buzzzes that I throw for shots 300' or less. I just grab one at random so they stay about the same stability.
One 177g opaque Elite Z that is 2.5 years old. I use this one for shots that I need to turn over and approaches just outside of Ion range.

PDs:
One 166g P-PD that I throw for max distance with a tailwind or calm conditions. Once it is completely beat I'll use it for rollers.
One 171g P-PD that is new. Until it gets a little beat I'll be using it for straight with fade shots at 300+ feet.
Two 172g S-PDs that I use as my primary driver for holes 300 to 400 feet for backhand and 250 to 350 feet forehand.
Two 175g C-PDs for headwind and left to right wind drives over 280 to 350 feet. Forehand hyzers, hooks, and skips for 250 to 350 feet.

Destroyers: (These are in jeopardy if I don't straighten up my forehand soon)
One 169g Pro for forehand tailwind max distance drives. I'm working on developing comfort with it for low line 350 to 400 foot backhands.
One 172g Pro for forehand drives over 350 feet.

EDIT: BTW, if any mod can change the title to jdggna's bag that would be great.

Last edited:
glo buzzzes are some of the most stable buzzzes you can put some power on them

Glow Buzzzes are stiff, flat, and stable. They are not the most overstable, but they are probably the most versatile Buzzzes since the first run. They fly really well on all lines in the 300' range.

Nice bag Discspeed...erm I mean jdggna.

Yep...pretty much the same...why? Those discs rock. The only thing he directly influenced me on was getting Glo Z Buzzzes instead of Elite Z when I was going to replace my older one. Outside of that and adding into the DGR PD hype, I came to the other discs on my own progression. Trust me, if the discs weren't working, I wouldn't be throwing them.

Updated:

[3] Ions
[4] Buzzzes
[6] PDs
[1] XXX
[2] Destroyers

I've added an Elite-X Buzzz to see if it will work turnovers better for me until my older Z Buzzz is more beat. It took the initial beating to the level of my Z pretty quick, so I'm looking forward to getting it a little more understable. The XXX I picked up with some credit from a tourney, and I'm looking forward to seeing how it fits into the bag with the C-PDs that I have already. I'm expecting to throw it for HARD hyzers and STRONG head/cross winds, where as the C-PD will be normal hyzers and headwinds.

Update:

[3] Ions
[4] Buzzzes
[6] PDs
[1] XXX
[3] Destroyers

Ions: 2 mediums and 1 soft. Putting with the mediums, while the soft is for more 'touch' scenarios and anhyzers. I may switch to 2 softs and a medium...or three softs. I just love the feel of the softs while putting. The decision will be postponed until a later date, but I could see it happening. I drive better with the medium, which is why it would stay in the bag. The soft glides better, but I'm having release trouble with it and they usually turn over too much while driving.

Buzzzes: Not much has changed in my Buzzz set up. 2 Glo Z for most functions. One broken in bar stamped Z for distance and approaches with no run up. I still have the X for anhyzers, but it is starting to get deformed, and it still isn't as understable as I'd like. Luckily I have a GL Fuse on the way to audition for the spot.

PDs: 2 S-PDs for a typical workhorse driver both FH and BH. 2 C-PDs for headwinds and FH power shots/hyzers with the occasional thumber (if I need it to roll faster than the XXX). 2 P-PDs... One broken in light one for turnovers, rollers, and extreme tail winds. One heavier one for dead straight shots.

XXX: Big hyzers and extreme winds, both FH and BH. I also throw it for thumbers.

Destroyers: One beat pro for max distance/turnover backhands. One slightly worked pro for FH and mild headwinds. One new-ish star for FH headwinds. The star rarely gets used for BH throws.

My bag is getting more similar to that set up too. I like the softs much better for putting, just the feel like you said. I love that the mediums are more stable so I don't have to have multiple putter molds. Looks good though.

I suppose I should have mentioned that I'm not set on Destroyers either. I'm debating trying a Wraith instead, and I'll probably finally give the Nuke a chance once production Zs hit the market.

How is the flight on your destroyers? I recently got a Wraith and a Destroyer to try out for a max distance driver. I could get the Wraith with a nice S out to 400' and a little more, but the Destroyer was just hooking on me.

How is the flight on your destroyers? I recently got a Wraith and a Destroyer to try out for a max distance driver. I could get the Wraith with a nice S out to 400' and a little more, but the Destroyer was just hooking on me.

I can push the pros out to 425-450 on a good drive. My star pretty much goes left at a speed determined by my release angle. I imagine it would be great for a flex shot though. I actually lost my lighter/worn pro today, but a buddy is going to give me a thrashed star. I'm hoping they'll fly about the same.

Update:

[3] Ions
[3] Buzzzes
[1] Fuse
[6] PDs
[1] XXX
[3] Destroyers

Ions: 2 softs and 1 medium now (as opposed to 2 mediums and 1 soft). I like the feel of the softs too much to not putt with them. I'm driving better with the medium, but I'm starting to do a little better with the softs, especially on hyzer lines. I'm still having release trouble with them, but they're slowly getting better. Eventually they may kick the mediums out of the bag entirely (which is odd...I thought I'd like the mediums more ever since they were first announced).

Buzzzes: 2 Glo Z for most functions. One broken in bar stamped Z for distance and approaches with no run up. I removed the X Buzzz from my bag.

Fuse: I just got a 178g GL. I haven't thrown it yet, but its currently in for a demo as an understable/control mid to replace the X Buzzz.

PDs: Same. These won't change until they're too beat to perform.

XXX: Same.

Destroyers: I lost my beat Pro, so I'm now using a beat Star that I received from a friend. Currently its flying about the same as my remaining Pro, which I'm hoping will beat in a little more. The other Star is still for headwinds and FH. Eventually I'll get to three stars in various stages of wear.

Current set up:

[4] Ions
[1] Rhyno
[3] Buzzzes
[2] Teebirds
[1] TL
[1] Valkyrie
[2] C-PDs
[1] XXX
[4] Destroyers

Ugly, I know. My thoughts will follow in the next post.

I've been throwing Teebirds and TLs instead of S-PDs and P-PDs for the last month or two. The reasoning for the switch was that after some field work, the Teebirds were going the same distance on much lower lines (I couldn't seem to keep the nose down on the PDs). I'll be auditioning PDs again soon...I loved throwing them but after a rough couple weeks I had to change something up.

I love the Rhyno for really ripping on a putter. Sometimes its nice to not have to finesse my Ions for a shot. I believe it is a solid addition, and will be taking away approximately 1/3 of my putter drives from my Ion.

The Valk is a light weight E* that I picked up on a whim. I've been using it for thumbers I want to roll over very quickly. Besides that I rarely throw it. There probably isn't much reason to keep it in the bag. When spring cleaning hits, it'll probably be gone.

I'm loving the C-PD. Hands down my favorite overstable driver ever. I'm going to have to really stock up on them if I'm going to keep overstable ones around once they hit regular production. Hopefully any CFR runs after that will be stabilized like the current ones... I can dream, right?

Destroyers... I love them now. Great for FH and BH. I'm throwing a star for my FH shots, and replacing my Xcal was probably the best decision I've made. I've also got two pros in the bag. One new one and one thrashed one. I've been CRUSHING these recently. The beat one is useless into any sort of head wind, but bombs in tailwinds. I've also thrown in a 159g Star to see what its like. If I can beat some of the overstability out of it I think it would be great for pure distance throws. I was hoping it would work for FH shots, but I don't think it will make the cut.

EDIT: I lost my Fuse and haven't replaced it yet. I'm debating trying a Comet, but I'll probably just get another Fuse.

Last edited:

Latest posts