• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

"UNOFFICAL" Disc Golf Lingo

When a shot is removed from the air due to a branch (usually the lone one), I call it "getting C. Breezied" (aka. Chris Browned)

If a disc gets hit down usually by something that shouldn't get it some of my group says the thing clipped its wings.

Today i started herassing my friend who gets frustrated easily by singing the lines "some people wait a lifetime FOR A MOMENT LIKE THIS!" When he would have a good lie and be ready for a putt.

"106 & park" for parking a drive, which is apparently derived from the "Park City" lingo

No quotes from Billy Crump?

- Cabbage
- Money
- Wronghander (lefty)
- Pure(d)
- Butta
- mashed
- gettin' jiggy with it
- world champ love

What did I miss?

No quotes from Billy Crump?

- Cabbage
- Money
- Wronghander (lefty)
- Pure(d)
- Butta
- mashed
- gettin' jiggy with it
- world champ love

What did I miss?

Whenever someone's just outside the circle I remind them that they can hop if they like.

Here are a few we use:

Tim again- My brother Tim always seems to want to take another shot, if he didn't like the first shot, so when ever we need to take a mulligan, we say, "I am going to take a Timagain".

Dirty Putt- A putt that hits the basket and looks like there is no way it should have stuck, but some how ends up in the chains.

Get new- We holler this when a disc starts to get understable, and we want it to come back, since most new discs tend to be a little overstable.

Buck shot- when a disc leaves you hand and goes off in a direction that you didn't intend it to go.

Worm Burner- A throw that leaves your hand and goes straight down and skids along the ground.

hmm here's a few we use:

she's preggo - when a disc is turning and just doesn't fade out we yell pull out! and if it doesn't - shes preggo(also called turned and burned)
ping it! - good lookin shot
bang those chains! or if you've been draining a lot of putts that day maybe bang bang bang banging on chains!
getting sketchy - shot comes close to water, trees, other obstables
get skinny - disc looks to be going towards a small gap that is possible to hit but not likely
roller! - self explanatory
good rip - long throw
nice up - self explanatory
that slut hole - hole 12 in mankato is like a 200' straight shot with no real structure and evvvveryone hits that
thread the needle - disc goes thru a tiny gap
tree love
tree nied
Boom! / Get Some! / *insert profanity here* yes! - good shot

i think my fav is when a guy i play with yells 9/11! when a disc comes towards us from a different hole hahaha

Pro Route = when someone misses the defined path and goes through bunch of trees and still ends up in good spot or under basket.

Tim again- My brother Tim always seems to want to take another shot, if he didn't like the first shot, so when ever we need to take a mulligan, we say, "I am going to take a Timagain".

That's funny. I've said the same phrase in regards to my brother, who is also Tim, who also has a habit of throwing a second shot.

Instead of "tree love", I call a lucky deflect off a tree ARBORtrage. When everyone in our group hits 3 (a cause for celebration since we mostly suck) we say "party par-par-par" like a pirate or shout "party tres!" (mis?) pronounced as "party tray".

We use "Tee Love" when the tree helps, and when the tree does not help, we call it "Tree Hate".

Latest posts