• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Compare] Until I tried Prodiscus Ultrium...

Trevor Gemmer

Fo some time I've thought K1 from Kastaplast couldn't possibly be contended with for feel... I've tried all the major plastics except some Prodigy blends and most Discraft blends and nothing has ever come close to the premium grippy firmness of K1 or K1 glow plastics...

And then Prodiscus Ultrium came along and made my little bubble of plastic snobbery get even worse... I'm not going to say that Ultrium is better than K1, but I can say it is pretty clearly my new favorite plastic and it is taking over my bag with a vengeance!

Typically any flexibility is a deal breaker for me (Titanium, G Star, K2... I hate them all) but this Ultrium is a thing of beauty and a joy to throw. With the exception of the Stari mold, it is the most consistent plastic I have thrown despite being a little flexible. The flex is about in the middle of Star and G Star with a better quality gloss (extra grip) and a more premium feel.

Needless to say I just sent 8 Prodiscus molds straight to dye from 1010 (the best place to buy Prodiscus so far that I've seen). Thank you Jason for introducing me to the brand! Loving the new Prodiscus stamps... their stamps have gone from terrible to decent pretty much over night. I'm more excited to get these 8 discs back from dye than the 20 or so Kastaplast discs I have at dye right now... it's exciting to have so many new molds in a real plastic instead of settling for ok plastic in the many slots Kastaplast doesn't do well.

I love that Prodiscus is entering the USA for real in 2018 now that they are intentionally marketing and have a US hub of sorts... if marketing can get people to buy Innova :)

Super excited to get more prodiscus...the Jokeri was the approach putter I've been looking for, and the Viking is bagged too... the stability and glide of both are so spot on what I've been looking for that I pretty much bought every other mod they offer except the Slaidi and the Legenda. Good job Prodiscus and welcome to the USA! I'll be looking forward to any new molds you put out!

agree with your dislike of soft plastics. this time of year I prefer rigidity over flex.. that changes come autumn.

I have moved away from the Swedish brands cause their plastic tends to be a hint more soft. a good thing I guess if you play in northern Europe. in the lower Midwest, especially this time of year not a good thing.

even some of my discmania star plastic is getting too soft. have yet to find a firm star pd.

Love me some Ultrium Jokeri. I keep trialing other things all around it from brands I throw more molds of, but that thing has a lock on the 3-4 speed stable-OS approach and short drive role. Totally reliable disc with nice glide and fade. I've bagged it for 2 years now and it's no worse for the wear. In fact, there is no wear, still looks and flies fresh.

I found their driver's are generally more focused on the stable to overstable side from what I've used. At my altitude, I prefer a little more give in the HSS dept. Laseri is a nice line shaper though.

Bought all Prodiscus Mids and putters in Ultrium and Premium and i love the plastics and the flight of all the disc. . BUT the discs has alot of Sharp edges.. .

And the Sharp edges really annoys me.,. . .to bad on otherwise great discs

But Ultrium is great, maybe the best plastic on the market. . .Prodigys 750 and Discraft newer Ti is great . . for me those are the top 3

Latest posts