• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Untraditional Putters???

I have been playing DG for about an year now and am still searching for my "go-to-putter."
I have a variety of true putters (Rhyno, Aviar, Arrow) and even occasionally put with a Roc DX or Star Spider.

Are there other discs that you use as a putter that are not classified under the "putt and approach" label???:

I used a Champ Banshee when I first started. LOL. I love my Soft Banger GT now though.

I used to use a Goblin until I got my Aviar. The Dart seams pretty similar to the goblin but with less fade, unfortunately I haven't been able to try one yet.

For the first 5 years I played I had a valk and a tee bird, and that was it, so I definitely did a lot of putting (and missing) with those discs. When I got a little more serious a couple years ago, the first new disc I bought was an aviar and I haven't looked back.

I have had a chance recently to putt with a Hydra and thought it worked really well. Its not going to replace what I use but I wouldn't mind having to putt with one at all.

I have had a chance recently to putt with a Hydra and thought it worked really well. Its not going to replace what I use but I wouldn't mind having to putt with one at all.

I use a Hydra for putting and approaching near water.

I know someone that loves his hydra for putts and approach. R-Pro Hydra

Also I used to putt with a roc/classic roc and a Pro Line Gremlin

my first couple months i used drivers bc i didnt see a point in buying a disc just for putting when i could throw my driver...lol....then a couple months back i would use my buzzz on longer putts...and then i got reall close to my X putt'r and never looked back :)

You have to really make sure you know how much it will turn but in the wind I will sometimes use my Gator. It will do the exact same thing every time you throw it. : )

Since no one mentioned a Skeeter, I'll chime in with it. Several friends I play with use Skeeters. One uses a Skeeter as his primary putter and a couple more use it for long putts.

Personally, I'm a big bead Aviar fan. Mostly I putt with a 175g JK Aviar, but also carry a 166g JK for shots over about 60 feet.