• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Updated Bag

maansmit

Double Eagle Member
Vitals:
Years playing/experience: 15 months playing DG
Right/left-handed/ambidextrous: Right-handed
Throwing Style: RHFH (drives and long approaches with fairway driver), RHBH for everything else
Distance: 275' with driver-FH, 235'-BH

Other Comments:
MY BH drives suck (I need to use a really light weight disc to have any success with these). I have some OAT issues on FH drives that I am trying to work through and I cannot throw mid-ranges FH to save my life.

Bag:

Drivers (weight/plastic/model/(condition)/use):
170 Daredevil Timberwolf (primary driver-replaced Elite Z Flash)
168 Goldline Striker (not used much)
150 Star Teebird (BH drives)
167 Champion Banshee (windy days, drives requiring more fade)

Mids:
167 ESP Buzzz (primary mid)
168 Goldline Pain (overstable mid)
175 ABC Flying Squirrel (understable mid - testing)
171 Star Cobra (understable mid - testing)

Putters:
169 Soft Ion (all putting duties)

I am trying to decide between the Star Cobra and the Flying Squirrel. Do I have any significant holes or overlaps? Any other general feedback and comments are appreciated. Thanks.

if you are struggling to break 250' on BH drives you may want to post a vid and get some feedback. what kind of grip are you using? a 150 teebird should be easy to throw, what kind of line is it flying for you?

no obvious gaps/holes, but i would recommend getting a baseline plastic for your understable mid. they break in faster, have more glide, and turn easier. both of yours are premium plastic (looks like the squirrel is only available in a premium plastic, correct?). at your power level you don't have the arm speed or snap to really turn them over. i would try a dx cobra around 168. dx coyote would be good but it looks like they are out of production now.

Your only real hole is an understable driver. 150 class Leos are plentiful.

If you like the profile of the Buzz and Pain, a Fuse is the answer for an understable mid. They glide wonderfully for premium plastic. The Striker seems like it's not doing anything for you.

Now, here's how to solve your FH OAT problems. FH your Ion. A lot. All wrist, little to no arm. Flicking an Ion really opens up your approach game.

Thanks for testing out the Flying Squirrel. Do appreciate the support. Whichever disc you choose to have in your bag, make sure your smooth on your throw. Pact ice your putting. Have a fantastic day!

Dan Pastore