• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Upgrades to Sunnybrook (Wadena, MN)

revmatty

Par Member
First off I know it's been ages since I was last on here (busy with trying to get work, car problems, running my ministry, etc) I haven't forgotten about my fellow brothers and sisters on here.

Now for some good news.

Since my first tournament I hosted (Disc'n To End Hunger) I've heard some good news about my home course of Sunnybrook.
It has come to my attention that one of the players and members of Central MN Disc Golf Club is also a Board Member for Wadena Parks. He was aware of some of the comments that other players made regarding the number of holes at Sunnybrook. And it sounds like the Park Board has approved another 4 baskets.

Of course they have asked for my ideas and I have sent it to them, with possible pin placements and a few other ideas, to improve this course. I suggested instead of it being a 13 hole course, it be converted to a 12 hole, with a practice tee. As the area IMO would be to crowded. Besides that I have suggested cement or gravel tee pads. And from my last communication with him, they are possibly planning on cement by raising donations.
Of course being an avid DG'er I have sent information galore to them, from the benefits of the sport, to a link to the current review score, to how a course improves a park, to potential revenue increase for local businesses from new players coming to town.

I have noticed that they have been slowly improving some aspects of the course already. This is primarily in the tee boxes. They have removed and repainted the markers, red and yellow, to correspond to the primary and alts. They have also placed temporary flags at the alts, for easier finding.

Now I call upon you all to help me promote the sport, and make sure they will without a doubt add some new baskets and improve this course.
For we all know if they build it, we will play it. Let's tell them that.

Latest posts