• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Discraft] Upgrading my forearm disc what should I buy?

lovebecause

Bogey Member
I have loved the avenger ss for flicking since it was nice to have a understable disc that I could control. After practicing flicking with putters I noticed my flick with the avenger ss had more power and thus It became unpredictable. I tried a lucid maverick which was too understable as well and a lucid getaway which is a bit over stable and doesn't go very straight for very long. Any suggestions on what to try? I am okay with slick plastics. I want to stay away from innova though, I have not liked their products as much as discraft and dynamic discs. Thank you.

Too bad you don't like Innova, because I was going to suggest the Star Mako3.

So I'll suggest the Buzzz and the Prodigy M4 or M3.

I tried a lucid maverick which was too understable as well and a lucid getaway which is a bit over stable and doesn't go very straight for very long. Any suggestions on what to try?

Escape fits between a Maverick and Getaway, and feels a lot like a Getaway just with a lower parting line. That may be your goldilocks disc if you want to try another Dynamic mold.

If you like the Avenger SS, I agree with RocTheCourse than an Avenger would be a logical choice to keep a similar feel, but increase stability. An Undertaker or Vulture would be another good choice. Smaller rim, high speed drivers with stable, but not overstable flights.

I've also heard a lot of praise for the Anax, but haven't thrown one myself. It's supposed to be Discraft's answer to the PD, which is my #1 driver slot.

I mostly throw Innova, but love the DD Emac Truth for laser-straight forehands with just a bit of fade.

I'm not sure how to recommend you a "forehand disc", as I FH and BH all the same discs, utilizing a range of stabilities from a Falk to a Teebird to a Firebird and a range of speeds from a Zone to a Dart to a Wraith. How do you want the disc to fly?

I have loved the avenger ss for flicking since it was nice to have a understable disc that I could control. After practicing flicking with putters I noticed my flick with the avenger ss had more power and thus It became unpredictable. I tried a lucid maverick which was too understable as well and a lucid getaway which is a bit over stable and doesn't go very straight for very long. Any suggestions on what to try? I am okay with slick plastics. I want to stay away from innova though, I have not liked their products as much as discraft and dynamic discs. Thank you.

I honestly think you need to work on your form. That avenger ss could be an amazing hyzer flip forehand disc ( this is what I use mine for and I'm dominantly forehand.) if the getaway didn't get you very far then that kind of reinforces the form idea. The getaway was one of my longest discs when I threw dynamic right along the escape. I would recommend getting a slower disc, a stalker from discraft is a good choice. And work on releasing flat and focus on generating the spin necessary to fly straight. Stalkers are very neutral and will show the flaws in your form, the biggest issue for most is turning your wrist over on the release. Once you can get that down, revisit your avenger ss then give a vulture a shot from there. That's what I would do.

Forehands I usually throw the innova. I have thrown a Discraft Crank on a FH and it just bombed! Also a DD Trespass does well for distance drivers.

Latest posts