• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

US Amateur Doubles in Charlotte

94LTICam

Bogey Member
hey hows it going?

im from Kansas, and was looking to take my vacation time for this year as a trip to North Carolina to play in the US Amateur Doubles Championships, and was wondering if anyone that would be interested in playing with me? I know we would be completely blind with strategies and tactics, but thought id give it a whirl to see what i can come up with.

Im 24, average 970 ratings, LHBH dominate, also throw sidearm, throw 450-475 BH and 325-350 sidearm

let me know if you can help me out, any help is greatly appreciated, thanks for your time

please PM me or text/call 785 249 0891

UNITED-STATES-CHAMPIONSHIPS-1-791x1024.jpg

I really wish that kilborne was all best disc like sugaw was last year. I just think that we are paying alot of money not to throw all of the shots. Eastway has some alternate I think they should play best disc instead to maximize our throws.

I really wish that kilborne was all best disc like sugaw was last year. I just think that we are paying alot of money not to throw all of the shots. Eastway has some alternate I think they should play best disc instead to maximize our throws.

Agreed^^^^^^

I've played and enjoyed all the courses on the list for this year, and would prefer to play Captain's Choice throughout. It's just more fun.
My guess is that the TD is trying to get more score separation, and the other formats will do that better than Captain's Choice.

maybe contact brett allen. he has the same name on here. i think the partner he had planned on will be rated too high. never hurts to try. and he's a great guy and a baller.

yes bretts a goodfella.

Burro mentioned clarified this (Bill Jacobson) I believe the flyer is worded incorrectly because we have had clarification from Bill a number of times.

Any Am may play this event AND any pro rated under 970. This is what I understand from a number of conversations.

http://charlottedgc.invisionzone.com/index.php?/topic/2758-us-doubles/page__st__20

Posted 04 August 2012 - 06:58 AM

burro, on 03 August 2012 - 06:56 AM, said:

dynamic is running it this year I will talk to them and get back to you.
<followup>
If you are a pro and your rating is under 970 you may play>

Last edited:
yeah, i think in his partner's case, he's accepted cash and is rated above 970. not positive but that's what it sounded like to me.

Thats what he gets for beating me at the Raleight Crosstown in March. A ratings bump! Sweet Sweet revenge.

I was considering playing at this event, but I decided I could use the extra day to practice Winthrop. I've never played there and I would really prefer to spend as much time as I can on the course trying to dial in what shots I will throw on each hole instead of coming into it blind for dubs :)

now why is there some people rated almost 1000 in the doubles championships? Seems a bit ridiculous to me because I recognize a couple of the names and they should be playing open if anything. Not trying to step on toes or anything but it seems a bit ridiculous to me to allow something like that.

I guess i can see pros rated under 970 being allowed to play but the flyer clearly says >970 I thing it's ridiculous to allow any one over that in. Poor call on the td's part IMO, it is AMATURE dubs.